Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

We all sat in silence as we did our research. The sound of light rainfall acted as background music for us, making it easier to focus on the task at hand. I went through the Putnam family tree carefully. I wrote down the names of the women who had married into the family, listing anything that seemed odd. There were instances where some of the couples were married for quite some time, but no son had been born. Knowing back in those times, that wasn't common, at least from what I was told through history. It seemed weird that all of a sudden the family line had deceased, just vanished from the face of the earth, just like that.

Frustration! Irritated! Hate! Confusion! The need to figure out the other thing! They might be connected together! None of this makes sense! Frustration! Irritated! Hate! Confusion! The need to figure out the other thing! They might be connected together! None of this makes sense! Frustration! Irritated! Hate! Confusion! The need to figure out the other thing! They might be connected together! None of this makes sense!

"Caleb!" I loudly said, becoming irritated and frustrated. "Would you stop doing that!" I looked at Caleb, who looked terrified of me and concerned at the same time, mostly for his life.

"Doing what?" he swallowed. I looked at the others, hoping they would understand what I was trying to say, but they all looked at me like I was crazy and that they were scared.

"We were guys not feeling that? Hearing it?" I asked, pointing at Caleb. They all shook their heads. Their eyes shifted up, as a light flickered in their eyes.

"Hey, Blair?" Pogue slowly said. I looked at him confused and he pointed to my hair. I looked at the ends and they were on fire. They were actual flames of fire. I couldn't feel it though. I felt heat in my gut from all the irritation, but not on my head.

Uhhh...?

Try telling it to go away.

Yeah, cause that's going to work.

Well, try.

Go away?

Just like that, my hair returned back to its natural dark color. I looked up at the boys, who were just as stunned as me. "I didn't know I could do that," I whispered, surprised with myself and powers. "Wait, did you do that to me?" I asked turning to Caleb.

"No, why would I do that to you?" Caleb said, still looking at me, very concerned.

"You were the one that was using your powers, projecting your emotions for us to feel," I said. I knew what I was talking about and what I felt.

"We didn't feel anything, baby girl," Tyler calmly spoke. Okay, now I was starting to feel crazy.

"I swear to you all, I could feel what he was feeling, almost hear what he was thinking but hear his feelings too," I tried my best to explain.

"What is it that you think you felt?" Caleb asked.

"You're confused, angry, frustrated, irritated, you hate something and you think that all this might be connected to something else, but I don't know what that something else is," I told. I knew I was spot on. His face changed, showing that I was right.

"You have telepathic abilities?" Pogue said, completely stunned and surprised.

"No, I don't. I wasn't using my powers. I haven't used them since that night at the beach. Well, other than the hair, but that wasn't my doing," I told truthfully. And then it hit me. I've felt this before. This type of magic. "This has happened before. With Caleb," I clarified.

"What has happened?" Reid asked, looking at Caleb and me, back and forth.

"That car accident that Caleb was in. I knew something bad was going to happen or that something was happening," I said.

"She's right, guys. She came down the stairs terrified that day. Like she had a premonition," Tyler added.

"So his feelings are magically connected to her?" Reid said, a hint of jealousy lacing his words.

"I don't think that's it, dumb ass," Tyler commented. Reid gave him a look, followed by a shove, almost making Tyler fall out of his chair.

"If anything, it would be with me since we are related by blood," Pogue commented.

"It's happened before with Reid too," I said turning to the jealous, referencing to that day he pulled me that closet but wouldn't tell me what was bothering him. "It was faint but I could feel something but as soon as he was gone, it went away."

"Do you think it's like when we can feel each other using?" Tyler asked.

"But instead with emotions?" Caleb added, not sure if he believed it or even comprehended this ability.

"No, no, no, no!" I shook my head. "I already have over a dozen witches somewhere in my head trying to kill me. I have me in my head. I don't need four more people!" I groaned. "On top of that, I have to feel your emotions? No, I don't need boy hormones, swirling in me, making my hair catch on fire!"

"Blair, maybe it's not that big of a deal," Reid offered.

"Not that big of a deal!" I shouted at him. "Wanna trade then?" I raised my eyebrow at him, seriously waiting for an answer. After contemplating it for a moment, he shook his head no and raised his hands in defeat.

"So, for right now, we will keep our emotions in check, 'kay boys?" Pogue stepped up. They all nodded in agreement and so did I.

"Wait, does this mean that you can feel when we...," Reid started to ask but then hesitated to finish. He gave looks to everyone in the room. I was the last one to get it.

"I'm never going to leave my room," I declared finally realizing what he was saying.

"We will keep ourselves in check," Pogue reassured me, then shooting looking at guys, who all shook their heads in agreement. "Just maybe stay away from Reid," he whispered, making me a laugh a little.

We decided that it was best to just call it day and head back to school since we did have actual homework to do, but Caleb wanted to stay and continue his research. I could still feel his anxiousness while we were leaving.

"You okay?" Pogue asked, walking me to my dorm room.

"I don't know," I answered, taking a moment to really think about it. Today had been a lot. Just when I learned and accepted one thing about myself, three other things would pop up for me to have to deal with.

"You know I'm here for you, right?" Pogue said, running his hand through his long chestnut colored hair. "I'm not going to let anything ever happen to you," he said in a matter of fact tone.

"Well I'd hope not seeing as you are my brother," I chuckled. It was the first time that I had called him that to his face and by the look on his face, he knew that too. "Just know your little sister can kick some ass too, okay?" I told, smiling up at my blood relative. It was strange using those words, but it also felt comforting. A smile spread across his face and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Damn straight she can," he laughed, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his long torso, holding him close to me and feeling protected. He really was my big brother and I'm glad he is.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think, who your favorite character is, anything you would like to say! Again, thank you for your support. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact