30

Two weeks later, Harry was still in hospital. His arm was better now, out of the sling, just a bit sore. He was told that his physio is starting today, as his leg has recovered enough to put weight on now.

"I can't do it!" Harry grumbled as the physiotherapist, Luke, tried to get him out of his wheelchair again. "I'm tired."

"Harry, you need to do it once more, or you'll never get walking again." Luke said, sympathetically.

"Come on love. Give it a go." Louis said.

Harry sighed and nodded.

"Good boy." Louis smiled.

Luke helped him stand up and Harry held on to the bars.

"You know what to do. Take a step with your good leg first, then the other one " Luke instructed.

Harry looked at Louis, who nodded his encouragement. He took a step forward on his good leg. Taking a deep breath, he started to move his bad leg.

"That's it! That's good, keep going!" Luke said.

Harry took two more slow steps. His arms were shaking from the strain and his forehead was perspirating.

"Can I stop?"

"You're nearly there Harry, two more steps." Luke said, urging him.

Harry took two more wobbly steps and collapsed into Louis' arms at the other end of the bars.

"You did it love!" Louis said happily.

He placed Harry back in the wheelchair and crouched down in front of him, wrapping his arms around his exhausted boyfriend.

"I'm knackered!" Harry panted.

"Good job Harry. That's enough of that today. We'll do all your stretches and massage then you can go." Luke said.

*****

"I can go home?" Harry asked Doctor Ross.

"Yes. You're doing so well, so you're being discharged. You just need to have physio once a week with Luke, but I've shown Louis how to do it at home too. Keep up with it. You're strong enough now, but don't go running a marathon anytime soon." He smiled.

"When can we go?"

"Soon as I've filled out paperwork. Next hour or so."

Harry smiled and thanked the doctor.

"I can't wait to get out of here." Harry said as Louis hugged him.

*****

Two hours later they were in the car on their way home. Harry was a bit nervous being in a car again, but he tried not to show it.

Louis pulled up into their driveway and turned off the engine.

Liam's car was also there.

Louis got out and went to Harry's side of the car. He opened the door and helped Harry out and onto his crutches.

The front door opened and Liam stood there, smiling. "Hey boys!"

"Dad." Harry said, grimacing as he's not quite got the hang on the crutches yet.

Once they were inside, they spotted Lucy sat on the sofa, holding their precious little girl.

Harry sat down, exhausted. "Welcome home Daddy." Lucy whispered as she handed a very sleepy Darcy over to him.

Harry held her as if she was made of glass. He stroked her cheek and she smiled, opening her eyes and looking into Harry's.

She had the most beautiful green eyes, to match her Daddy's.

"Hello darling. Hope you've been a good girl for Granny and Granddad?" He said.

"Course she has. She's so good." Lucy said.

"How are you Harry?" Liam asked.

"Absolutely shattered." Harry yawned. It was only 4pm but the physio from earlier tired him out and he missed his naptime.

Louis went into the kitchen with Lucy to make some coffee.

"I'm so glad he's home Mum." Louis said as he got some mugs out of the cupboard.

"I bet you are. It's been a long time. Don't let him do too much too soon. You know I'll do as much as I can, you get back to work soon." Lucy said.

"Thanks Mum. Don't know what we'd do without our family."

"You look tired too love. You both need an early night. Why don't we take Darcy tonight, so you get a proper night's sleep?"

"I'll see if that's ok with Harry." He replied, finishing making the drinks and heading back to the living room.

As they entered, Liam looked at them and put his finger to his mouth.

"Shhh.... they're asleep." He whispered.

They placed the mugs on the table and looked at Harry and Darcy fast asleep, the baby in her Daddy's arms.

"Oh my god!" Louis gasped. "How cute is that?" He got his phone out and took a few photos. "I love them so much."

They sat together, chatting quietly and drinking their coffee.

"What shall we do about Darcy?" Louis asked after an hour.

Lucy was about to suggest just taking her from Harry's arms, when he woke up.

He yawned and looked at his baby. "Oh... I'm sorry."

"It's fine love. You're exhausted. Mum and Dad said they can take Darcy tonight so we can get some proper sleep. Is that ok?"

"You don't mind?" Harry asked.

"Not at all. Let us know when you wake up and we'll bring her back." Liam replied.

"Ok. Thank you." Harry yawned again. "You be a good girl won't you?"

Louis packed some things and placed Darcy in her car seat.

"Bye baby. Be good." Louis kissed her, Harry did the same.

*****

Harry was cuddled up in bed with Louis.

"I've missed this so much." Louis said, peppering Harry's face with little kisses.

"Me too. I missed you, more than you know. I'm sorry that I'm going to be a burden for a while."

"Hey...no talk like that thank you. You could never be a burden. I'd do absolutely anything for you. I love you so bloody much Harry. You and your little girl are my life."

"Our little girl." Harry corrected him, kissing him passionately.

Their little girl.

Hi...

Still can't get over Harry's song and video. It's all I've played for the past two days.

He is so bloody gorgeous.

Thoughts on the chapter?

More tomorrow.

All the love 💞💞💞