EPILOGUE

I was so overwhelmed with happiness and joy for my best friend. I knew from the very first time she mentioned that she'd even been speaking to Charles, that they would end up getting married; she had that look in her eye, and, even though it crushed me, I knew she was with the man who made her the happiest woman alive. In all the years I'd called Camille Jacobs my best friend, all I wanted for her was confirmed happiness. In Charles Leclerc, she found that.

As she sat beside me on the bench in her parents' back garden, whilst her husband to be played with Nina on the grass, I felt her hand slip between mine. I knew how much it meant to Camille to know that Charles was the perfect addition to her family. Both Tess and Milan adored him, my family loved being around him and even though Charles and I were on track rivals, I recognised him as my brother now. We were great friends and all he wanted was to keep my Camille safe, therefore, I loved him as if he was my own brother.

"I can't believe this," Camille whispered, as her eyes cast upwards to my face. I could just make out the tears which were surfacing in her beautiful hazel eyes as she chewed down on her lip. "The love of my life asked me to marry him. I am going to be a wife, Max, to the only boy I've ever fallen deeply in love with."

I pulled her closer towards me and pressed a sweet kiss to her temple. I was bursting with happiness for her, because I could see the sweet look in her eyes as she talked about Charles. I knew that look, and it told me that Camille was content, everything was perfect for her, and she deserved to feel like that. Her cheeks were rosy red, her smile so wide and I could only assume that her face was in pain after smiling so much. Happiness suited Camille more than anything else; the glow which overcame her features was so heartwarming.

"I'm so pleased to see you so happy," I shook my head as Camille rested her ear on my shoulder, a content sigh falling out of her mouth as she twisted her new engagement ring around her finger. It looked so beautiful. My sister and Charles did a great job in choosing such a beautiful ring to go with his all important question. "I know Charles is going to treat you well, and I also know that you are going to be the most breathtaking bride in the world. This is all so exciting."

"All of my dreams are coming true," she removed her head from my shoulder and twisted her body so that she was able to look at me with ease. Camille reached for my hands and she held onto them tightly after glancing at her new fiancé, who continued to chase Nina around the garden; I never realised how good Charles was with kids, but part of me could not wait for him to start a family with my best friend. "I know I'll be moving on with my life, you know, moving out of our apartment at some point, working harder and potentially in different countries, but you will always be the number one man in my life. None of this would be possible without the love you showed me after everything that happened with Stefan. I would never have grown without you."

"You know I'd do anything for you," I shook my head with a smile, gliding my fingers across the material of Camille's jumper. "That won't change, no matter how far you go. For so many years, it was you and I against the world - I hope that will remain forever."

"It will," Camille nodded, shifting backwards again so that she was glancing attentively at Charles and Nina, who were now lying on the grass, both in fits of giggles. I took a quick look at Camille's face, noticing how wide her eyes had become as she watched on with total joy running through her veins. "I can't wait to have children with Charles one day. Look at him, look at how happy Nina is. God, I am so happy, Max. I have no words to explain how amazing I feel."

I pulled Camille into my arms, so appreciative to have her so close to me, to know that our relationship was perfect. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I could feel her hands clasping together at the bottom of my back. I smiled. I would never take an opportunity like this for granted; being with my best friend was the most amazing feeling in the world and I knew that with the fast paced life I'd immersed myself into, anything could happen to me at any time when I was in the car. Creating memories with Camille was terribly important to me, but I knew that I would always be safe and I didn't have to increase the anxiety she already suffered from at the thought of me being injured whilst racing. For Camille, Dilara and Victoria, I would always be safe.

"Camille! Uncle Max!" Nina wrapped her hands around my wrist and began to shake my body. Camille removed herself from my body and we both glanced at her small cousin, who wore a bright smile on her face. "Come and play with me and Charles!"

Nina slipped her hand into mine and pulled me off of the bench, dragging me towards Charles, who sat cross legged on the grass. Camille rushed beside us, sitting beside Charles and leaving a quick kiss on his lips. My stomach flipped as I watched them, shaking the feeling off because I knew that I didn't have anything to do with my best friend like that anymore. I loved her relationship with Charles more than one we would ever be able to create.

"You stay here and I'll get Auntie Victoria and Lara!" Nina's struggle to pronounce Dilara's name made my stomach flip a little more, my heart lifting with delight as she rushed towards the girls, who sat with Tess whilst Milan finished preparing dinner for us all. Camille slipped her fingers between Charles', her eyes lighting up as she reached for my hand too. I smiled at her.

"You two will always be the most important people in my life," Camille was so close to tears at the overwhelming moment she found herself in. I sighed. "I love you both so much and I would be so lost without you. Thank you for making me a better person, both of you, I don't think I would be here today if I didn't have your love in my life. I love you. I'll love you for the rest of my life."

»»————««

BOOK ONE: MONACO
BOOK TWO: ONE
BOOK THREE: MARANELLO

<< if you enjoyed this story, follow charles and camille's journey by adding the other two books in this series to your library!! it would mean so much to me. thank you for reading, i hope with my whole entire heart that you enjoyed every single chapter just as much as i did whilst writing it >>