TWENTY TWO

»»————««

CAMILLE

I rested my chin in the palm of my hands, my elbows resting on the bench top to support my head as I watched testing unfold on the screens before me in the Ferrari garage. I still couldn't believe that this was Charles' new home on the grid and that this team would be responsible for making all of his dreams come true. I was so proud of him for getting this far in such a short space of time compared to other drivers. Charles really was a true talent and I couldn't believe that he was all for me to show off.

I was so engrossed on Charles that I didn't notice the tapping on my shoulder. Once I realised somebody was standing behind me, I spun my head around and felt myself flinch. I exhaled when I saw Andrea standing there, with a grin on his face. I wasn't expecting him to startle me like that.

"Victoria is waiting for you at the back," he informed me and I nodded, removing my headphones and collecting my handbag. I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair, brushing it backwards on my scalp. "She said she daren't come in because her brother won't be pleased with her affiliation with the rival."

"Typical Max," I giggled, rolling my eyes as I rushed towards the back of the garage. "Thanks, Andrea. Let Charles know that I'll be back."

I hurried out of the back of the Ferrari garage and grinned when I saw Victoria leaning against Charles' motorhome. Her face lit up when she saw me heading in her direction, before she opened her arms to give me a hug.

"How was your evening last night with Charles?" Victoria didn't even bother to greet me with a hello. I saw smile widen when I started to nod my head. "Good, or very good?"

"Very good," I blushed, throwing my head backwards as I remembered what Charles and I got up to last night. I loved the way he made me feel, and he was so dedicated to loving me properly; it would make any other girl jealous of our relationship. "I love him so much."

"I know," Victoria placed her arm around my wrist as we started walking towards Red Bull's hospitality. For some reason, I was still welcomed in the garage as normal, despite being with the team's biggest rival. Charles was an immediate rival for both Pierre and Max, but I'd known everybody at Red Bull for many years, so I was seen as part of the extended family we created. "Let's go grab something to eat from hospitality. You can watch Charles from in there."

I gave her a swift nod, as we headed up the ramp and through the doors into hospitality. We were greeted with smiles and nods as we walked past a few team members, before glancing over the menu and deciding what to eat. I wasn't too hungry, so chose to only ask for a cold orange juice, whilst Victoria took a sandwich and a bottle of water. We sat comfortably at a table, with a large flat screen television on the wall before us which was screening testing live from the track.

"He's driving well," Victoria smiled, as Charles' car came into view on the screen. "Look at you, Cami. You're glowing. You're so in love, aren't you?"

"Yes," I felt my whole body relax, but my face grew hotter as I answered Victoria's question. I knew how I felt about Charles and I was certain that we were made for one another. "Charles makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. He makes me so happy. I can't imagine my life without him in it."

"He really adores you, and it's so lovely for all of us to see that. You deserve somebody who loves you and treats you like a princess," Victoria pushed her sandwich away as she focused all of her attention on the screen which played testing live. "He does that for you, and that makes me so happy. Max is so over the moon for you, really, he's so happy that you've found somebody like Charles."