SEVENTY

»»————««

CAMILLE

I reached for the bottle of shampoo from the side of the shower cubicle and began massaging it through my hair. After a busy day at the track, all I needed was a nice hot shower whilst my body continued to adjust to the schedule the boys followed in Singapore. Each year I came here, my body found it difficult to sleep during the lighter hours, even though we were sticking to European times. Despite that however, I was so excited for Qualifying tomorrow. I had a great feeling about this weekend for both Max and Charles.

I flicked the shower off and wrapped my hair around my hands to squeeze the remaining water away. I couldn't wait to climb into bed beside Charles and have him hold me against his chest. I loved travelling the world with him and being in Singapore together for the only Night Race of the season made me so happy. The soft, white towel was warm as I enveloped myself in it, the condensed steam from the hot shower filling the room and heating me up a little more. I used a smaller towel to wrap around my wet hair, before glancing at myself in the mirror; it was fogged up and I could barely see myself, but I reached for my toothbrush, running the tap and collecting the toothpaste from our shared toiletry bag.

I finished in the large bathroom and walked towards the door, wrapping my fingers around the handle. I was about to open the door and step out into mine and Charles' shared hotel room, yet I was surprised to hear the sound of Max's voice whilst he conversed with my boyfriend. Their voices were quiet and I couldn't totally make out what they were saying to one another. I chewed on my lip as anxiety lifted within my stomach, making its way upwards to my chest as I worried about their conversation. Maybe they were arguing over something I didn't know about, and considering they were one another's closest rivals, it wouldn't be totally impossible, yet Max would never come to our hotel room to argue with Charles when I was around. He knew that I would lose my mind if he ever did something like that. I was intrigued, so I gave in to my patience and opened the door, stepping out into the room, causing both Max and Charles to turn around and face me.

"Hey, Max," I smiled, shutting the bathroom door and walking towards them after noticing that their hands were linked in a shaking position. I watched as they released their handshake and Max patted Charles on the back with a gentle smile on his face. "What's going on?"

A cheeky grin rested on Max's lips and I knew that something was happening between them, but I had a feeling that neither Max nor Charles would tell me what it was. He shrugged his shoulders as my eyes cast towards my boyfriend.

"It's nothing for you to worry about, Cami," Max pressed a gentle kiss to my damp forehead, removing some of the water droplets from my skin using his lips. "I'll see you tomorrow. Enjoy your night."

"Okay?" I was confused, but I didn't push my luck, as Max made his way towards the door. "See you tomorrow."

"Love you." My best friend waved at me and flashed me one more smile which warmed my heart. He disappeared out of our room before I could open my mouth to speak, leaving me to turn all of my attention towards Charles. I wanted to know what was going on between them because it filled me with nerves to be left in the dark. I sucked on my lower lip, lifting my brows and widening my eyes as Charles glanced at me, a nervous smile resting on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Charles spoke nervously and I crossed my arms over my chest. I noticed how red his cheeks had flushed and I sighed because I knew he was up to something. The menacing look in his eyes were prominent and I knew that something was going on. "Baby!"