NINETEEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

The sound of my phone ringtone burst through my ears and Charles started poking me in the back, as a groan left his lips. We were taking full advantage of Charles' time off and sleeping in for as long as we possibly could.

"Answer it, Camille!" I felt Charles lift his body from the mattress and roll over onto his side, as I leaned up and reached out to the bedside cabinet for my phone. The ringtone seemed to grow a little louder as I unplugged it from the charger and answered the call.

"Hello?" I muttered, whilst lifting my hands to my eyes to rub them and hopefully wake myself up a little more. I was shocked when I heard my boss' voice on the other end of the line and my body shot upwards when I realised it was Sara, because she rarely called me. Our main form of communication was email, so my anxiety quickly shot through the roof.

"Hey Camille? Sorry if I woke you, but we really need to talk," Sara's voice sounded relaxed and this reassured me because maybe she wasn't about to give me bad news. "I didn't want to email you. I wanted to hear your reaction."

"I don't understand, Sara. What am I reacting to?" I sat up and Charles rolled over again, his eyes trailing up to me as he placed his hand on my bare leg. My heart was pounding out of my chest because I was nervous. My boyfriend's fingers, wrapped around my thigh, made me feel better, because I didn't know what I was supposed to expect.

"I've been in touch with Calvin Klein. They saw your portfolio online and sent me an email," Sara began to explain and I felt my whole body wake up. "They want to shoot with you in Monaco."

"They what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I never thought that I would be so lucky to have an opportunity like this and I didn't know how to react.

"You heard me, Camille," Sara sounded just as excited as I was. "I'm flying out to Monaco with the company to sort out dates, but only if you're up for it? It would be a bit of underwear and a bit of general clothing, so I've been told."

"Yes, one hundred percent yes! I would love to do it," I was so ecstatic, unable to believe that I'd really been given a chance like this one. Charles, who was still groggily lying beside me in bed, had no idea what was going on, his hand still resting over the hot skin of my inner thigh. "When will you be here?"

"A few days time. I'll let you know for definite when I can confirm it with them, but for now, I'll let you tell your boyfriend the news and go back to sleep," Sara chuckled and I smiled. I was so glad we got on like friends more than manager and client. "Tell Charles that I can't wait to meet him."

"I will. Thank you so much, Sara, for everything. I'll see you soon." The call ended and I placed my phone down onto the cabinet in utter shock. My whole body grew a little stiffer as Charles reached for my hand, his fingers slowly caressing the skin on the back of my knuckles.

"What was that about?" I loved the sound of Charles' sleepy voice in the morning. It filled me with warmth, because I couldn't believe that he was my boy. My Charles. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world when I was by his side, but even more so when I knew that I woke up to his face every single morning. There was no other feeling that could compare.

"It was Sara. She told me that Calvin Klein have been in touch with her and they want me to do a photo shoot with them here in Monaco," I smiled, as my whole face radiated with happiness. "I told her yes. I've been waiting for an opportunity like this for years!"

"I'm proud of you," Charles nuzzled his face closer to mine and a sweet smile pressed against my neck. "You'll make a sexy Calvin Klein model."

I smiled, as I felt Charles running his fingertips slowly across my skin, the connection between our bodies sending tingles down my spine. He moved so slowly and effortlessly, yet I could feel the amount of love between us. I grunted at the feeling of his lips grazing along my jawline and down to my neck, as he slipped his hands past the pyjama top I was wearing.

"You're so beautiful," Charles was quick to lean up from my body and smile at me as he gazed lovingly into my eyes. I giggled, my cheeks burning red as Charles glanced his eyes over my face. "I'm the luckiest man alive, and I will never tire of saying that."

"You make me blush, Charles," I bit on my lip and watched Charles' hand as he lifted it towards my burning cheeks. He shook his head and was quick to smoothly make a move and press our lips together, my whole body melting as we came together as one through the form of a sweet kiss. I allowed him to keep his lips in their position as he deepened our kiss, but when he pulled away, I tilted my head to the side to breathe. "I need to shower."

"Let me join you." His voice was low as he spoke into my ear, his hands slowly moving up my sides. I couldn't resist his soft touch, so I had to say yes. Charles peeled his naked chest away from me and swung his legs over the side of the bed, waiting for me to climb out, before he followed me to the en-suite. I smiled when I saw some clean towels waiting in there for me, with my shampoo and conditioner, body wash and face wash waiting for me on the shelf in the bathroom. I collected it all and pushed it against the glass windows of the shower, before flicking it on and stripping from my clothes. I stepped in when it was hot enough, Charles joining me and allowing his hands to immediately fall to my waist.

"You know when you do this shoot with Calvin Klein?" He stepped closer to me and pushed my body up against the tiled wall, leaving very limited space between our bodies. I nodded slowly, allowing Charles to make strong eye contact with me as he spoke to me. I was afraid at the idea of his next few words, not at all expecting what he was going to say. "Will you have to post photos on your Instagram?"

"Of course I will, it's the promotion side of my job," I watched nervously as he chewed on his lips, the water beating down on the pair of us as we remained pressed against one another. "Why do you ask?"

"It doesn't matter," Charles' cheeks seemed to grow redder, but I didn't know whether this was an effect of the boiling water which was scolding our backs. "Will you be on their website in the things you model?"

"Potentially, yes," I nodded, unable to get my head around Charles' sudden outburst of questions. I didn't understand why he was so curious all of a sudden, as if my modelling job was brand new. His face seemed to drop and I felt guilty because I couldn't understand what was going through his head. "Why, Charles?"

He bit on his lip still and seemed reluctant to reply. I lifted my hands to his hot cheeks and placed my fingers there. He sighed as I gave him the look.

"I don't like what they say about you, the men who have no respect for someone as beautiful as you," Charles' voice was quiet. I felt a tinge of guilt hitting my stomach, making me feel sick with nerves. I'd never thought about my job from his perspective. I'd seen comments men would leave beneath some of my rather exposing posts, but I never read them. Despite everything I went through with Stefan, I was confident with my body. "They forget that you are a person and not a piece of meat. They struggle to consider the fact that I can see everything that is said about those photos of you and I get it because you are beautiful, but I don't like the way people talk about my girl."

"Charles, please don't worry," I shook my head. "It's alright. It means nothing, their comments mean absolutely nothing to me, so you shouldn't think too much about it. Everything is okay and there is no issue."

"Camille..." Charles stepped backwards and fully dampened his hair beneath the shower, slicking his hair back as he ran his fingers through it. I shook my head again and silenced him by pressing my finger to his lips. He didn't speak another word and I hoped that my eye contact and small smile was enough to reassure him, because I didn't want this to get in the way of us. I didn't want my job to ruin my relationship with the only boy I truly wanted to keep in my life forever.

»»————««