SEVENTY FIVE

»»————««

CAMILLE

camillejacobs: I said YES to the love of my life

-

I allowed Charles to slip the beautiful ring onto my finger after removing the promise ring and putting it into the velvet box. I couldn't believe this, my whole body was trembling as I stumbled into Charles' arms, shaking my head in total disbelief.

"Oh my God, yes," I whispered against his burning neck, able to feel his heart pounding out of his chest as tears stung my eyes. "Yes, Charles, yes I'll marry you."

I was in a total state of shock as Charles wrapped his arms around me and lifted me into the air, spinning me around as a smile rested on his lips. I shook my head, tears dripping down my cheeks as I thought about the wonderful life we would spend together. His words made me feel so warm and special, and I knew how much he truly did love me, despite everything that happened between us earlier in the year. I was more than willing to put it behind me when we finally talked everything through and I understood that Charles never intended to hurt me. Since getting back together, the only thing on my mind was marriage. I fantasised about the day where Charles got down on one knee and asked me to be his. Now I understood what Max meant last night when he told me that something amazing was about to happen to me. I understood why Charles wanted to bring me out to Amsterdam at such short notice and without my knowledge prior to his phone call, so that he could propose to me in my favourite city. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

"I'm so relieved you said yes," Charles placed me back onto my feet and reached for my left hand, glancing his eyes across the beautiful ring on my finger. "God, it looks so perfect. You are perfect. I can't wait to call you my wife."

"This is why you brought me out here, and why you spoke to Max and my father, promising you'd look after me," I lifted my fingers towards my cheeks and wiped the tears away from my eyes with care. Charles nodded shyly, a small smile resting on his lips. "I didn't think you were going to propose, but I'm so glad you did. I love you so much; after everything you have helped me overcome, I couldn't imagine a life without you."

"This is the best moment of my life to date," Charles nuzzled his face into my neck and I embraced the feeling of the warm tip of his nose. His lips left sweet kisses against my jaw. "Shall we head back to the hotel? All I want to do is love you."

A sudden surge of warmth rushed between my thighs and through my veins. I muttered carefully in response as I thought about spending this wonderful night with my fiancé, tangled beneath the bedsheets, our warmth radiating off of one another. Charles noticed my inability to speak and he smiled, reaching for my hand and linking our fingers together tightly. The hotel was only a short distance away, which I was ever so thankful for, because I couldn't contain my desperation to climb into bed beside Charles and allow him to pleasure my body like never before.