SEVENTY FOUR

»»————««

CAMILLE

"I thought we were going to my parents' house?" I furrowed my brows together when the car pulled up outside a hotel I knew to be five star, and rather expensive, the Hotel Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. I wasn't expecting this; I was so certain that we were headed to my parents' for two nights.

"Surprise, mon ange," Charles leaned over from the other side of the backseat and left a kiss on my lips. I was so surprised, completely taken aback, as the cold winter sun continued to shine over the beautiful city I called home, sometimes. Charles then turned all of his attention to the driver, and it soon became clear that he'd organised the car and its expenses before we flew out here. "Thanks, man. Have a great day."

Charles hurried out of the car as the driver unbuckled his seatbelt, making his way to the back of the car to remove our luggage. My boyfriend opened the door for me, a wide smile on my face as he linked our fingers together. I cuddled closer towards him, the cool breeze hitting me in the face as a 'welcome home', and I couldn't help but smile as Charles thanked the driver one more time. With my bag on my back, my hand resting on the handle of my large suitcase, I followed Charles up the driveway towards the hotel.

"Hi, I have a room booked under Leclerc?" His voice seemed to quieten as he spoke to the lady behind the desk, who was quick to recognise him as he showed her his passport for confirmation of his identity. She smiled at us both, before handing two key cards to Charles.

"Room two-three-six, on the second floor," she nodded, standing up from her chair with a wide grin on her face, almost as if she knew something we didn't - either that, or she was rather excited to see us. "Enjoy your stay, Mr Leclerc and Miss Jacobs."

"Thank you." I nodded, spinning quickly on my heels and tightening my grip on Charles' hand as we made our way towards the lift. We stepped inside and Charles pressed the second button, before the doors closed. I rested my chin on Charles' shoulder, smiling to myself as I thought about how lucky I was to have him in my life. I didn't want to lose him and I wanted to be his forever. The thought of marrying Charles made my heart burst with happiness.

"You really surprised me, mijn schatje," I chewed on my lip as the doors reopened and we wheeled our large cases into the corridor. I had my biggest case with me considering we were heading straight to Japan after spending time in Amsterdam. "I didn't expect any of this. Are you up to something?"

"Of course not, mon amour," Charles rolled his eyes, but his cheeks did seem to turn a little redder as he removed the key card from his pocket when we stopped at the door of our room. "I just wanted to spend some time together. I love being with you and I know how much you love being in Amsterdam, so I thought why not? Another birthday present for you."

"You got me so much for my birthday," I giggled, letting out a deep exhale as I perched myself on the edge of the bed, running my fingers through my hair. I still felt a little groggy after waking up so early this morning, entirely jealous of Max and Victoria who got to sleep for a few more hours. "My dress, the bracelet, my nails and my party, now this? I love you so much."

"You deserve all of this, baby girl, and so much more," Charles lifted me into his arms before sitting in the spot I previously took. I placed my fingers onto the collar of his t-shirt, before leaning in to take a sneaky kiss. His lips tasted so strongly of mint. My heart fell to my stomach as his arms wrapped around my back. "I love you."