FIFTY FOUR

»»————««

CAMILLE

"Lando," I whispered, as my eyelids fluttered open and I was greeted with the beautiful face of the boy I spent the night with. I rested our foreheads together, whilst dragging my nails across his burning cheeks. "Good morning."

I noticed his lips curling into a smile, as his large hands reached for my waist to pull me closer towards his hot chest. My body soon made contact with his skin, my clothed chest meeting with his bare one, and sparkles rushed through my body, shivers flying down my spine. His lips met with my neck, Lando slowly beginning to pepper small kissed across my skin, before his movements stopped and he opened his eyes.

"Good morning, beautiful," oh God. I'd missed hearing that in the morning; I'd missed the nicknames, the cuddles and the forehead kisses, from Charles, of course, but Lando's morning behaviour suddenly seemed to be everything I wanted. "Did you sleep okay after last night?"

Last night. I felt my cheeks burning as I thought about it. Last night felt good, I felt good; being in such close proximity to Lando felt absolutely amazing, especially as he pleasures me so intensely during the night. We didn't have sex, but so many different waves of pleasure consumed my body for me to count. He was amazing.

"Very well," I giggled, as I dragged my lips across his, feeling the sudden urge to kiss him. "I don't regret anything that we did, Lando."

"Me neither." His hand remained tucked against the small of my back, using pressure to hold me comfortably in his arms whilst my fingers rested on his collarbones. My hair fell over my face in its knotted state, but Lando was quick to lift his fingers to brush it away, as a smile consumed his lips. I was so comfortable here that I never wanted to leave. I couldn't even remember what lying beside Charles was like and part of me didn't want to - my head was telling me that it was good to forget about the way he made me feel.

"I enjoyed spending time with you like that, just you and I," Lando's breath was hot as it hit my nose. I shuddered, as the sparkles which lingered through my fingertips remained. A giggle flew out of my mouth. "Uh, so, I was wondering if you wanted to come to the McLaren barbecue with me today?"

I was shocked. I knew that Lando was attending the event this afternoon after he discussed it with Zak yesterday, but I wasn't expecting an invite. Of course, it was just a friendly gesture, and I didn't want to turn it down. I'd already planned to fly back to England with Lando anyway, not yet feeling prepared to return to Monaco because I was afraid of bumping into my ex boyfriend yet again. I wasn't ready to see him again.

"Sure," I nodded, whilst biting on my lip as a million different thoughts about the barbecue started to run wild through my head. A grin lay on Lando's face. "I should probably get up and shower. I need to look remotely presentable for such an event."

"Don't be silly, baby girl," there it was again, that damned nickname, which caused my thighs to clamp together as if they had a mind of their own. "You always look beautiful. We're leaving the hotel at nine thirty. We have one hour. Don't take too long in the bathroom."

--

I sat in Lando's McLaren as he drove us towards the Technology Centre from Heathrow. I was nervous, my leg anxiously bouncing up and down as I allowed my head to fill with thoughts that made me feel a little uneasy. I was worried that people may assume things about Lando and I, especially if they saw our intense kissing on the dance floor at the club. I knew that Lando worked with these people, and for his role in the team, heaps of trust was necessary. That provided me with some reassurance. I knew that they wouldn't care too much about mine and Lando's relationship, whether it was friendly or romantic. I didn't really know what it was myself.