THIRTY SIX

»»————««

CAMILLE

"I'm so happy to be here," I exhaled, throwing my bag onto the floor and sitting on the edge of the large bed in our hotel room in Austria. "I can't believe we celebrate our one year anniversary in two days!"

"I can't wait," Charles grabbed my waist and pulled me into his chest, his hot breath ghosting against my neck before he glanced at me. "You're so pretty, mon ange." He held me close as his eyes examined my face, my ear then resting against his shoulder whilst I waited for him to say something else. I was tired, and could not wait to curl up beneath the warm blankets to settle down for the night.

I closed my eyes as my face fell against Charles' strong and comfortable chest. I smiled, taking in his homely scent, and as he ran his fingers through my hair. I felt so happy, totally ecstatic, because I was so in love with him. This boy, who held me so delicately against his sweet body, owned my absolute whole heart.

"Baby?" Charles removed his body from mine and he shuffled away from me, taking my fingers between his as he moved backwards. A small smile was poking through, his face soon becoming totally engulfed by a grin. "How do you fancy joining me for dinner on Friday? To celebrate one year of this superior feeling."

My stomach grew hotter, as I nodded gently whilst gazing lovingly into his eyes. A puff of air fell out of my mouth and I reached for his hand. I could see the tears building in Charles' eyes. He was so beautiful. I was so in love with him. Feeling like this was so unusual, especially about one of Max's rivals, but I loved the way he lit up my body. Charles was the most passionate and loving boyfriend I could wish for, and spending Friday evening with him to celebrate one year of love sounded amazing.

"Yes please," I giggled, a rosy colour hitting my cheeks as a smile washed over my lips. "I'd love to join you."

"Sorted," Charles leaned over to brush his lips across my cheek. A grin was resting on his lips, quite a cheeky one too, and I knew then that he had something else up his sleeve. I raised my brow. "I'm glad you said yes. I bought you this."

Charles reached for a gift bag which lay on the top of the clothes in his suitcase. I sighed, he was so kind and thoughtful. As he passed me the small bag, I took a quick look inside and my eyes widened when I found the most beautiful, sparkling silver, jewelled bandeau dress. I took the material of the dress into my hands, tracing my fingers across the top of the hem.

"Charles," my eyes lifted to focus on him again. He wore such a beautiful smile on his face. "It's gorgeous."

"Exactly, for my gorgeous princess," Charles' eyes glimmered with sweet love as he smiled at me. "I can't wait to see you in it. Victoria helped me pick it out, and I think you'd look so pretty in it. Completely breathtaking, as always."

"You spoil me," I jumped off of the bed and rushed across to the wardrobe, pulling out a hanger from the clothes rack and slipping my dress over it. Charles watched as I moved towards my suitcase, removing the lock and unzipping it. "I'd better unpack."

"Really, babe?" Charles groaned, as he lifted his hoodie over his head, throwing it onto the chair in the corner. "I'm busy for the next few days after tomorrow. Please, let's just cuddle."

I couldn't say no to his offer, so I huffed briefly before climbing onto the bed and resting my face in the pillow, lying comfortably on my stomach. Charles shifted closer towards me and his fingers made contact with my spine. His touch was hot and a fire began to burn through my organs, just from a simple flick of his fingertips against my skin. He wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me a little closer, our faces within touching distance and our noses preparing to brush together.