FORTY SEVEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

I rolled over with a grunt and a banging headache. I forced my face deep into the pillow beside me and immediately recognised Lando's familiar scent as it lingered at the bottom of my nose. I huffed, as I opened my eyes and the blinding sunlight only hurt my head a little more.

"Fuck," I muttered, as I ran my fingers across my face and rubbed my eyes with my knuckles. "Lando?"

I flicked my eyes open to find that Lando was not lying beside me. I could've sworn he came to bed with me last night, but maybe he'd taken the spare room to make me feel a little more comfortable. I didn't mind sharing a bed with Lando, I knew that, like Max, he wasn't going to make a move on me because we were just friends. I didn't even have the energy to get myself out of bed to find Lando, my head pounding and my limbs weak, but I was relieved when I heard his footsteps from outside his bedroom door.

"Camille? Are you awake?" Lando popped his head around the corner of the door and I could only mutter in response. He sighed as he walked closer towards me, a glass in his hand. "I brought you some water and some paracetamol."

"Thank you." I placed my fist against the bedsheets, rolling my head onto its side to allow me to gain a better look at Lando. He was dressed in a black top and some grey shorts, a thin layer of sweat covering his forehead, his cheeks crimson red. I realised then that he'd been training this morning, memories of him informing me suddenly rushing back.

"Last night was bad, Camille. I'm not going to feel sorry for you because you're hungover. Instead, I'm going to be totally honest and tell you that the way you acted in the pub was ridiculous, and Max would kill me if he found out," Lando places the glass of water and two small tablets onto the bedside cabinet beside me. I bit on my lip whilst timidly allowing my eyes to meet his. I couldn't remember much from last night, too much vodka rushing through my veins as I tried to forget about Charles and how he hurt me. "You decided to kiss some random guy you'd been speaking to for two minutes. Imagine if Max was there instead of me. Poor guy would've spent the night in hospital after being punched in the face."

"It didn't cause any harm, right?" I was shocked, as the memories of last night slowly came back to me as my headache began to wear off. It wasn't a bad thing, to spend the evening kissing someone else. As long as it wasn't Lando, then I didn't see why he was so mad.

"That's not the point, Camille! I brought you here for a break, so you could get away from Monaco and feel better whilst you get over what Charles did to you. This wasn't a free trip to England for you to kiss boys," Lando furrowed his brows and I could sense the anger building up within him. "You might be older than me, but I need to look out for you whilst you're here."

"I don't need you to do that, Lando," I shook my head, trying to keep calm when deep down, the anger was bubbling away as it expanded. "Surely you'd rather I was out, enjoying myself, instead of sitting in bed and sulking because my boyfriend cheated on me?"

"Charles' behaviour doesn't give you an excuse to get drunk and act like a fool in front of boys you've never met," Lando snapped and I felt a little defeated, knowing that he did have a point but it wasn't all too relevant. "Bringing you here wasn't a good idea, after all. I didn't think you'd behave like that after being here for five minutes!"

"What the fuck got into you, Lando? Are you jealous? Jealous because I was kissing someone else and not you?" I teased, a smirk plastering across my lips. Lando's face fell and I noticed him creating a fist with his hands. He shook his head, but no words fell from his mouth. I laughed and rolled my eyes.