SEVENTY TWO

»»————««

CAMILLE

"Happy birthday, princesse," I felt Charles dragging his lips across my warm neck as a mutter elicited from the back of my throat, my fingers tugging on the sheets to pull them further over my face. "Beautiful. So beautiful."

October sixth. My twenty second birthday and I got to spend it with my gorgeous boyfriend, his arms wrapped around my waist as my face rested on his chest. The feeling of Charles' fingers drawing circles on my back made me feel so warm inside. I was so glad we had today to spend together. I couldn't think of any better way to spend my birthday.

"Give me ten minutes, baby," Charles brushed his fingers across my cheeks, pressing a kiss to my forehead as I kept my eyes shut. I was enjoying my peaceful sleep. "I have to make you breakfast."

I giggled lightly, as Charles slipped out of bed before tucking the duvet tightly over my shoulders to ensure that I was comfortable. He hurried out into the landing of his apartment and I sighed, knowing that there was no point in falling asleep, so instead, I reached for my phone, unplugging it from the charging cable and holding it in my hands. I unlocked it to find a few messages waiting for me.

MAX: Happy birthday my wonderful girl, I know you'll have an amazing day and I can't wait to see you later to give you your gifts. Don't let Charles keep you all day!! I love you xx

LANDO: Hey, lil (old) bestie... I wish I could be there in person to celebrate with you, but I still hope you have the most amazing birthday. I'll bring all your gifts to Japan :) I love you most, Cami, happy birthday x

VICTORIA: Happy happy birthday, granny!!! I love u entirely <3

DILARA: My sweet girl, happy 22nd birthday; can't wait to see you later on today :) x

MAMA: Happy birthday our darling Camille Sophia - your papa and I love you to the moon and back. We are so proud of you and everything you have achieved in the recent years. Thank you for being the best present we could ever ask for!! See you soon, love, mama and papa xx

I smiled to myself as my eyes finished scanning over the messages from my friends and family. I felt so lucky to have such amazing people in my life, but I was sad because I wouldn't be able to see my mama and papa or Lando and his family today. Even still, I knew I would see them very soon and I could look forward to that, with FaceTime bound to be acting like my best friend over the course of today.

Charles brought me a beautiful breakfast, a crepe filled with Nutella and strawberries and a glass of cold orange juice, whilst he devoured some toast, yoghurt and fruit. It was such a beautiful birthday breakfast and I was so grateful that his schedule was clear today, despite the Japanese Grand Prix being in a week's time. He was desperate to spend some quality time with me on my birthday, so of course, I didn't complain.

"Shall we shower?" Charles whispered into my ear as I pushed the tray with my empty dishes away from my lap. My stomach grew a little warmer as Charles' hot breath flushed across my earlobe, but I couldn't turn his offer down. "It'll save water, if we do it together."

I smirked whilst beginning to nod my head, shivers flying up my spine at the feeling of Charles' fingertips brushing against my skin. He was quick to haul me into his strong, firm arms and carry me over the short distance from our bed to the en-suite bathroom. Charles placed me down onto my feet, leaning into the shower cubicle to turn it on, before I removed the shirt I wore to cover my chest. Charles chewed on his lip with a smile, his fingers brushing down my side before he removed his underwear and threw it onto the floor. We climbed into the cubicle together and allowed the warm water to cascade onto our bodies, my fingers placed onto Charles' chest, as he held me close by my waist. He rested his forehead against mine and I blinked a few times to prevent any water from spilling into my eyes.