•luke shaw•

By imagine-footballers

The sun was shining and it was a gorgeous day for a football match. Today I was attending my boyfriend Luke's first match back from injury. He'd been out for a few weeks with a hamstring strain and I'd been listening to continuous whining and protesting that he was fine and could easily play a full ninety minutes.
I walked into the Old Trafford grounds, instantly taking in the atmosphere that was already taking shape. The red seats were being covered with an endless sea of red shirts. I smiled at the sight, I had supported this football team my entire life and the fact that my boyfriend played for them made it even better.
I made my way to my seats, greeting fans as I went. I took a few pictures with those that asked.
"Y/N! Are you excited to see Luke play!?" A voice yelled to me, making me turn around.
"Yes! I'm very excited to see him play." I smiled and continued making my way.
I was sitting in the Stretford End, in the right hand corner. I was so pleased to be sitting so close to the action.
—-
The players were walking onto the pitch and my eyes immediately went to Luke. I could see the happiness in his eyes, he was itching for the game to start. They all politely shook hands with the players of the opposite team, which happened to be the local enemies: Manchester City. Manchester City would be shooting towards the Stretford End, I was just hoping they didn't score.
—-
Half time was over and the score was still 0-0. Manchester United would be shooting towards the Stretford End. The atmosphere was pumped and I was looking forward to Luke playing, as usual.
The players took their places and immediately the ball was fired down towards the Manchester City goalkeeper. Rooney crossed the ball into the box but no one was there to receive it. Cheering was being heard from all around me, the fans wanted a goal.
The game continued to be played mostly in midfield until Carrick fired the ball straight to Luke's feet. As soon as the ball touched Luke's feet he was off sprinting towards the goal. When he realised there was no one to pass to he decided to take the opportunity to shoot into the Manchester City goal. The ball curled into the top left hand corner and a goal was scored.
The crowd roared and Luke ran to the right corner of the Stretford End, exactly where I was sitting. The entire crowd was on their feet and my cheers were accompanied by my fellow supporters.
"COME ON." Luke shouted, fuelling more energy. His eyes quickly searched the crowd until he found mine. I smiled brightly at him and made a heart sign with my hand. His face lit up in delight and before he could respond his team mates crowded him.
When they had dispersed Luke found me again quickly and made a heart sign of his own.
—-
The game finished as a 1-0 victory for Manchester United with the only goal coming from Luke. We had arranged to meet each other in the tunnel after the match. I walked to the tunnel and it was no surprise that I was there before Luke; he was probably being shrouded with praise and congrats. I lent back against the wall, pulling out my phone and instagramming a selfie of me and some fans and captioning it:
'Awesome game today! So happy to see Luke score #COYR!'
I heard footsteps come down the tunnel and I looked up to see my boyfriend. Not having the patience to wait for him to get to me, I ran up to Luke and immediately engulfed him in a hug.
"Someone's excited to see me." Luke laughed.
"You played so well! Oh my god that goal was incredible! I'm so proud of you!" I spoke excitedly.
Luke pulled away from the hug and pecked my lips quickly.
"Thanks baby. Now lets get home so we can celebrate properly." Luke said suggestively.
The Luke I knew and loved was back.