•sergio agüero•

Sergio kun Agüero
By fortheloveoffutbol

I winced, squeezing my eyes shut tightly together as I tried to keep my composure. I could feel the needle dipping into my untouched, and once blank, skin but it was now decorated with an unfinished black ink.
I wouldn't dare look up as I kept my cheek pressed to the cool leather of the chair while the tattoo artist continued working on his job.
"You okay over there?" Sergio stated while he glanced over. Unlike me, he was sitting upright with his palm facing up and his tattoo artist sitting in front of him.
I couldn't do that. I had insisted on laying down facing away from the large needle that was here to torture my skin for the next hour or so while my arm was outreached enough for the man to do his job.
It was unclear how I had been convinced to come here but Sergio had done it. It had started off as a joke while we came across a cheesy picture of a couple with matching tattoos of each other's name.
"I can't believe women get a man's name tattooed on them. That is the stupidest thing ever," I scoffed.
"Why is it stupid?" He became interested in my views. "What if things go sour? It's not like it's a regular tattoo. That's a name. You'd have to date a guy with the exact same name in order for your next relationship to not be super awkward."
He had a proposition of his own. "What if we got tattoos together?" My face scrunched in disagreement. "No way. I just told you how ridiculous it looked."
"I don't mean our names," he tried to reason. "I mean like maybe a symbol or image that represents us in some way and ties us together for life. You have already have my last name..." Serigo grabbed for my hand and raised it to the light, allowing the diamond ring to shine. "Why not a tattoo to further represent us?"
I paused. I had to admit he had a way of talking me into the craziest ideas and now I was at least thinking about what it would be like to get matching tattoos. "What will it look like?" That was a main concern. I didn't want something ridiculous tattooed on my skin. I already didn't have tattoos at all. No way was the first going to be horrible.
"We'll come up with something together."
And now here we were following through with the plan. We decided on something simple to decorate our wrists: the symbol of a king of hearts for him and the symbol of a queen of hearts for me.
It seemed Sergio was taking the pain lightly because he still had a smile on his face while I held a grimace, nearly biting my lip to the bare meat to hold back any screams.
"You're almost done. Just a few more minutes," he encouraged.
"Are you sure?" I questioned desperately. If so I would be counting down for sure. I pried my eyes open slightly to look at him.
"Yes. Look." He gazed down as the tattoo artist finished up the shading on Sergio's art and he held up his wrist, twisting it about so I could see the completed image.
I had to admit it looked great and made me anxious to see mine. Sergio stood up and moved closer to me, taking my hand into his and rubbing soothing circles on the inside of my palm. "Relax."
I gave a thankful smile and closed my eyes at the feeling of the needle pounding the threshold of my skin once more. I tried to think of anything to get my mind off of the feeling until I heard the tattoo artist state I was finished.
A relieved breath escaped my throat as I finally leaned up in my seat to gaze down at my now decorated wrist. The fresh ink shined brightly under the lights above. "What do you think?" Sergio questioned.
I held out my wrist to place it next to his, admiring the ink that bounded us together forever. It was just another way for us to show our love for each other and adored it even more than I thought I could.
"It's perfect."