•kevin trapp•

By imaginingfootball

It was late morning and you were sat relaxing on your comfortable sofa, munching happily on toast and scrolling down through your phone. Scanning your eyes across the bland new stories that were popping up on your news feed before your phone vibrated and dinged to alert you that you had received a new message from your friend.

As you opened your messages you clicked on the unread one and read. 'Hey, I thought you might want to see this... if you want to talk you know where I am...' Then you proceeded to open the link that came through as the new message.

For a moment you hesitated, the message had scared of initially and you were uncertain as to what you lying on the other side. Another second past before your thumb brushed against the link and it popped open to reveal something that made you sick to your stomach.

The picture was poorly lit but to you it wasn't hard to make out that Kevin was the one the phone had been pointed at. He was pressed up close to a beautiful looking model-like woman who was clinging to him, dressed scantily clothed and leaning her head upwards as if to kiss him.

A sudden rush of hotness came to your cheeks as you felt a wave of anger wash over you. Everyone had warned you about the fickleness of football players when you had first began dating Kevin and you had assured each of their worries that your boyfriend was different, you shared something special and it was meant to last and here Kevin was throwing all of those words back in your face.

It was going to be a hour or so before he arrived back home at the home that you shared together and there wasn't a single part of you that wanted to be there when he returned. Instead you rose up and ran upstairs to begin packing your bag, giving your friend a call and asking if it was okay to stay with her until you got the courage to talk to Kevin.

As you arrived at your friends house she gave you a long hug, rubbing your back and offering to go down the road to the little coffee shop and grab you a frothy drink. It was something that you agreed to because you wanted more than anything to be alone with your thoughts, although you were sure that was dangerous.

You sat on her sofa and stared blankly at the picture over and over, it was hard to make out the truth, of course you didn't know what Kevin was feeling and didn't know what this woman was whispering to him.

It hurt because a club had been the place where you had first met Kevin, although at the time you had both been single, no attachments and no worries about hurting anyone. You remembered the next morning waking up and this gorgeous man laying there beside you, snoring lightly and being incredibly hard to wake from his slumber.

The two of you had gone for breakfast after that, the two of you shared information about each others lives and that was when you had learnt the truth. It had shocked you to know that Kevin was this football player playing for one of the biggest teams in Europe and being good at his trade.

That had made you more interesting in him and Kevin was very intrigued by you too. After that you attended his every game, even buying a goal keeper jersey and wearing it each time that you saw him play, wearing his name proudly on your back. It wasn't long until Kevin asked you to be his girlfriend and shortly after that the two of you moved in.

You were brought out of your train of thought by the sound of your phone ringing beside you, glancing down and grabbing the device before sighing as you saw Kevin's name pop up on the screen. With a sigh you slide your finger across the screen to accept his call and hold it to your ear. "Hello, Kevin."

"Did you see the picture?" There was a tone to his voice which was filled with guilt and it made your heart ache in your chest. "Please, come home. I need to talk with you. I need a chance to explain please." He was practically beginning and it made your stomach tense, you didn't like where this was going.

"I just need some time-" "Please." There was a hoarse breathiness to his voice which made you cave. "Fine. Fine." You whimpered, closing your eyes and berating yourself to being so weak to his charms. "Fine." Then hung up and threw your phone down beside you once again, covering your eyes with your hands and shaking your head.

It was a short ride back to your home and you climbed from the car and just stared at the house for a long couple of seconds. This was the place that you had made so many memories in and something you didn't want to give up. You were happy here and you were very happy with Kevin.

Pushing open the door you immediately heard footsteps, Kevin's head popped around the corner and you saw the look on his face. His beard was unusually unkempt and his eyes had dark rings under them. "I was hoping that I would see you before you saw the pictures. I wanted a chance to explained."

"Do you know what I was feeling when I saw them?" You hissed. "To receive a picture of you in a club only hours after we had been talking in the phone?" He pursed his lips and lowered his head. "Do you remember what you told me that night? I do. I remember you said that you were going to have a early night and didn't want to go out."

"I didn't want to." Kevin replied and you only narrowed your eyes and shook your head. "I wanted to go out, but I didn't... I didn't..." He was struggling to find the words as he moved closer towards you. "I know that it is hard to believe me, but please you have to know that I didn't even kiss that woman."

It was then that you realised that tears were trickling down your cheeks. "You two looked pretty close in that club." You used your sleeve to dry away the tears. "Do you remember when we went back to a hotel room together after meeting at a club? Why wouldn't you do the same with another woman?"

"Because I'm in love with you." The words sprung from his mouth and took both of you off guard but Kevin didn't stop. "I pushed her away. I told her that I was taken, in love with someone else, with you." Then he took another step towards you and closed the short distance that was left. "I know it's hard to believe me, but... but I would never do anything to hurt you, I would never be able to forgive myself."

You lowered your head to the ground before feeling his hand under your chin, pulling you to be looking up at him. "I love you." The words were intense on his lips and in moments they were attaches to yours in a moment of passion, which you fell into with ease. "We can get through this. Please tell me we can get through this."

"Don't lie to me again." You whimpered against this full lips as he nodded. "We can get through this." You repeated.