•Rafinha alcantara•

Credit to barce-fabu-lona

_________________

It's nearing 12pm on a rainy Sunday evening in Barcelona. Y/N is sitting on the floor of her boyfriend's apartment, struggling to put on her shoes. Wearing heels seemed to be a good idea when she left for Rafinha's place this afternoon, but now she regrets that decision tremendously.
"Are you doing okay down there?"
Y/N feels her cheeks flush immediately. Rafa is leaning in the doorway connecting the hallway and the living room, watching her with a small smile on his lips.
"Yeah, I'm fine." She says and carefully tries to get up, wobbling a little.
Before she can steady herself Rafa is behind her, holding her up and pressing a tiny kiss to her hot cheek.
"Careful." He says and steps away, grabbing her jacket from where it's hanging on the wall. "You walked here, right?"
"Sí. You know my flat is only a few blocks away and I like to walk." She answers, accepting her jacket with a small smile.
Rafinha glances at the window. Raindrops are hitting the glass every few seconds, creating a dull rhythm that makes everything feel nice and cozy. As long as you were inside at least.
"You know, I don't think you're gonna get home without getting soaked." He says slowly.
Y/n follows her boyfriend's gaze and swallows when she catches sight of the small storm raging outside. She a bit to brush it off.
"It's only a few blocks away, so it'll be fine." Y/N reassures him or more or less herself.
"Why did you wear heels? It's October. You're gonna freeze." Rafa mumbles, blinking at her with his dark eyes.
She would have been embarrassed by that comment but the honest concern written all of Rafa's face makes her stomach flutter instead. He's being cute.
"I wanted to look good." She admits and rubs her hands together nervously.
All of this is still new and Y/N's afraid to mess it up. Rafa's and her relationship had only been going strong for about a month now and even though she felt very comfortable around him, she did not feel comfortable around the media just yet.
But still she wants Rafa to like her and she wants him to think she's pretty, even though she doesn't enjoy receiving so much attention from the public.
"Hey." Rafinha is in front of her all of sudden, carefully touching his thump to her jaw, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. "I think you look pretty no matter what you wear. Heels or sneakers, I don't really care. What I do care about is you freezing to death. I don't want that."
Y/N casts her eyes down, her dark lashes fluttering across her cheeks. She gets easily embarrassed when Rafa compliments her so openly. She enjoys it, of course she does, but at the same time she has no idea how to react. The problem is she can't just compliment him back because Rafinha knows how fucking pretty he is.
"It normally doesn't rain in Barcelona." She says instead and shrugs. "I will live."
"Or-" Rafa starts and actually hesitates for a moment. "-You could stay."
Y/N hearts skips a beat and she feels her hands starting to shake out of nervousness. She opens her mouth to say something but closes it again quickly because no words want to come out. Her brain helpfully provides her with a thousand different images of what Rafinha would look like sleeping next to her and she really, really wants to say yes but she just can't.
"Oh, I'm not sure." She stutters and avoids his gaze. "I don't have anything here to like- brush my teeth."
"I may not be the most organized person but I do possess a second toothbrush, you know." Rafa says and reaches for her hand.
Y/N lets him but continues to stare at the floor. Her heart is thudding away in her chest and she is really starting to get hot under her coat now.
"Well, what about clothes?"
"You can have one of my t-shirts to sleep in and in the morning you can just put on your dress again. It'll be fine."
"Are you sure? I bet the rain is not that bad, it looks like it's gonna stop anytime now." She tries again, nervously playing with his fingers.
Rafa sighs a bit and then gently pulls her closer till Y/N is plastered to his chest. He smells nice, like red wine and his aftershave, and somehow it comforts her so much she actually leans into him and relaxes against his chest.
"Y/N, please stay." Rafinha says after a while.
"I don't want to be a bother." She mumbles into his shirt, hiding a bit when he looks down on her sternly.
"You're never a bother. I love to spend time with you I genuinely want you to stay. "
Y/N takes a deep breath and then nods slowly, enjoying the way Rafa's arms tighten around her.
"Okay. I will do it. I mean I want to do it. I will stay." She says awkwardly and then quickly surges up, pressing a kiss to his lips so he might forget about her stuttering.
When they pull apart and she starts to peel herself out of her coat, Rafinha is grinning from ear to ear.
"Just so you know, I'm not wearing your jersey to bed."
He throws his head back and laughs loud and easy.
"Vamos ver sobre isso."
"Huh?" Y/N looks at him, confusion written all over her face.
She's halfway through taking off her shoes and Rafa goes to his knees to finish the job for her.
"We will see about that." He says and winks at her.