Panic

Liam.

Rage.

Anxiety.

A cold chill creeps up along my spine as I hurl my phone at the wall, barely registering as the sleek device shatters onto the wall, a round dent in the wall evidence of my previous actions. I'm not even sure of what i'm doing but I do know one thing-

I've got to go home.

Quickly grabbing my bag, I head out of the spacious hotel room and towards the elevators. Minutes stretch by, feeling like hours as I wait for the elevator doors to open up. I can hear the guys yelling across the hallway before, they too, burst out into a sprint towards the elevator. Shaking me, they're asking questions. Questions I can't answer. I'm numb. Dread has fully encased itself around my heart and I can't feel a thing.

Why did I leave her home alone?

What kind of loving husband leaves his pregnant wife home alone?

Sophia sounded so sure of herself on the phone and I'm certain that I'll never get that sound out of my head.

"The baby and I will be here waiting for you to come home."

She's reached a new low.

Zayn is standing stock still next to me, eyes glued on the elevator doors, face unreadable. Feeling my eyes on his face, he turns slightly. "Chris is at the house. It doesn't look good." Diverting his attention back to the elevator doors, I note that he's clenching and unclenching his fists and only then, does it dawn on me that I'm doing the same.

"Wait- Chris?" I question, just registering what Zayn said. "When did he get back?"

"He called me two hours ago, saying he was going to surprise Aubri because he was in town. Seems like he just missed her." Zayn presses his lips shut, clearly not telling me everything Chris said and that makes me curse the timing of the elevator. Niall and Louis are both on their phones, trying to secure transportation and generally running their hands through their hair in frustration. Harry hasn't touched down in the state yet with Harlee in the baby, probably for the best.

They have their baby to watch over.

The elevator doors finally open and we all pile in, nobody seeming to breathe until we spill out into the lobby. Making a beeline into the garage, we silently pile into an SUV and speed off to the airport. Quickly going through scanning and piling ourselves on a private jet, I somewhat awkwardly settle into my seat, dazed and lost in my thoughts as I stare out at the lights far below.

Praying that I'm not too late.