Aubri- Everybody needs somebody

A/N- Hey guys! I was a bit out of it for the last update and wrote about a contract… still not sure if I’m going to use it further in the story… so if anything, just act like it never happened haha. Go to sleep B, stop fan girling on twitter at 2am. Anyway, you guys are amazing! Thanks for all the reads <3 @B20something

Aubri-

Well then.

Harry and Niall gently push me back into Liam’s bedroom, shutting the door behind them just as Sophia starts yelling at Liam again. The door opens again and I turn as Zayn appears in the room, slamming the door behind him.

I can hear Sophia’s muffled voice through the door, but I can’t make out what she’s saying. I want to go out there and clear this whole thing up, but as I turn to head to the door, Harry blocks my way and Niall flips on the television, immediately turning his focus on the soccer match being played. Zayn is in the corner, probably watching videos on youtube or listening to music.

“Why won’t you let me go out there and ex-“ I begin as the door opens, lightly pushing Harry forward.

Liam walks in the room and surveys us before running his fingers through his hair and looking at me.

“Sorry about that,” he says quietly.

Walking over to him, I fold my arms across my chest, unsure of if I should console him or if that would make matters worse. Sighing, I drop my arms and push my hair from my face as I lead him to his living room, away from the others.

“You don’t have to apologize to me Liam. To be honest, I should be apologizing to you. If you hadn’t met me, none of this would have happened and I’m sor-“

“Don’t you dare,” Liam walks up to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. “What’s going on between Sophia and I has been an issue in the making for a while. All you’ve done is bring a little personality to break up the craziness that is everything else. Don’t ever apologize for that.” He seems to realize that he’s extremely close to me as he steps back.

Liam laughs bitterly, “I need to go for a run. Care to join?” He asks. I nod as I head back into his room and grab a pair of black leggings and a hoodie, as well as my sneakers and phone. Walking into the bathroom, I shut the door and lock it. Peeling off my inside clothes, I quickly dress and pull my hair into a ponytail, tucking shorter curly strands under longer ones so they don’t completely fly away. Plugging my headphones into my phone, I place them in my ears and walk out of the bedroom. Zayn has disappeared and Harry is curled up on the couch, asleep. Niall isn’t on the bed anymore and the television is off, so I’m guessing he went out or he’s in another room. After quickly spreading a blanket across Harry, I look up and see Liam standing in the doorway in basketball shorts and a hoodie. He’s also holding a leash and Loki walks over so he can attach it to his collar.

The opening chords to ‘Monster’ by Paramore pour through my headphones and I rub Loki’s fur, before Liam grabs my hand and we exit his apartment. We get on the elevator in silence, as we each zone out to our music and I watch Loki fidget until we step off the elevator at the lobby. Liam releases my hand as he bends down to check Loki’s collar and we walk out of the building. Almost instantaneously, camera flashes go off and people are yelling as they jostle each other for our attention. I reach to remove my headphones, but Liam puts his hand over mine to stop me and we walk towards the park with Loki and a swarm of people following us.

It’s an odd feeling.

Being watched.

Having your every move being analyzed, criticized by absolute strangers. People you’ll never know.