Liam

(Unedited)

Liam.

"Hunter?" I think to myself as i watch Aubri chew on her bottom lip. I've noticed that it's her go to when she's stressed or thinking deeply about something.

Hunter

I've never heard that name for him before, but on thinking about it, it makes sense.

He had something to hide.

I just can't figure out what.

Loki, sensing the nervous tension in the air, walks over to Aubri and puts his head in her lap, looking up at her with his ears perked. I smile as she absentmindedly rubs his head, while glancing over to look out the window of her apartment, obviously lost in her thoughts.

Leaving her to think in silence, I explore her new space. All of her furniture is in earth tones, with a chocolate colored area rug under the couch were we set up camp to watch movies. Cherry wood floors line the floor through the apartment, with the exception of her kitchen, which has reddish brown cobble stone. Most of the windows in the apartment are large bay windows, which will provide great light during the daytime. The overall feel is a bit artsy mixed with a bit of timeless elegance and it suits her personality perfectly: unique, but still pieced together in a subtle manner. I can see why she chose it.

Walking back to the living room from my spot in the hallway, I grab our plates, napkins and the remaining food and walk into the kitchen. Brushing food particles off the plates & wrapping left-overs, i wash the dishes for her. I could imagine that she's exhausted after unpacking today and then the curveball that this day has seemed to take for her on recognition of Hunter... James.

After washing the dishes, i dry my hands off on the dish rag hanging by the sink and continue my exploration of her place. Aubri is still on the couch, staring out the window, her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Walking towards her bedroom for the bathroom, i'm instantly surprised. Her bathroom is painted a bold burgandy color with white accents complimenting the otherwise dark color. The light fixtures are hanging bulbs, eancased by a glass cover of sorts, covering the bathroom in soft lighting. She has the standard walk in glass shower and standing sink. A long three piece mirror medicine cabinet is affixed right above the sink. After checking my reflection, i turn the light off and continue my inspection. A door to the bathroom leads into her room and i turn it, enetering her space.

I'm being nosey and I know it.

The fact that she can get up at any moment to look for me doesn't stop my curiousity though.

Aubri's room looks similar to mine. Fluffy beige carpet springs under my feet as i walk around her room. only difference that i've noted so far is that aubri's room has a unique slanted roof on one side and that's where she has her television mounted. Underneath, is an entertainment stand containing her cable box, wii console and rows on top of rows of movies and tv series on dvd and blueray. A large bay window is at the far wall of the room and she's placed a bodt pillow and blankets on the ledge, i'd imagine she'll spend quite a bit of time looking out that window.

There's a large wooden bookshelf on the wall right next to the bay window and i move to that, curious to see what she reads. I instantly take notice of all the different book series on her shelf and laugh.

She's a hardcore reader.

I also note a set of marble notebooks on the second shelf, each notebook a different color. Picking up the black and white marble notebook, I open and begin skimming the pages.

This looks like a journal of sorts.

I probably shouldn't read this. It's her personal thoughts.