Aubri

Aubri

I read a quote somewhere that explains my views on airports perfectly.

“Airports see more sincere kisses than wedding halls.

More heartfelt goodbyes than funerals.

More genuine smiles.

More love.” – Author(s) Anonymous

This quote replays through my mind as I make my way through check-in, security and finally making my way towards the gate that leads to the waiting area for my flight. It makes me smile to see so many smiling people, so many genuine emotions flowing through the airport. Everyone has their shell, their façade… but in these moments, the real person peeks through and it’s absolutely breath taking. I’m weird like that, I love watching people. You’d be surprised the things people do when they believe that they aren’t being watched. I love seeing the honesty in people. It’s a shame it only appears for fleeting moments.

As I get closer to the waiting area for my gate, I notice that there’s a slight commotion. Two girls, who don’t look much older than 16 run past me, giggling between themselves. I barely make out the words “British” and “famous” from their rushed speaking as they pretty much sprint to my gate.

Guess a celebrity will be on my flight.

Mentally preparing myself to deal with a mob I finally reach my gate & grab a seat by the window where the better chargers are. Plugging in my cellphone and iPad, I text my friends and co-owners of our blog, IndirectlyDirect; letting them know that I arrived at the airport and that I’d be editing until my flight took off. After a few moments of exchanges and joking about going to Funky Buddha to run into my fave, I clicked over to my iTunes and plugged in the headphones and got to work, going through some of the up and coming band interviews that we had done recently, basically pulling out fun tidbits to frame the articles that we would upload on the site under our music category.

I got so wrapped up in the interview that I was working on that I almost didn’t hear the sounds of multiple feet running in my direction, one girl accidentally kicking me as she ran, forcing me to look up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Stop.

I could feel my jaw gracing the floor as I took in the scene in front of me. Liam Payne & his girlfriend Sophia were walking over to my gate. Liam, wearing a faded superman tee covered by a jean shirt & jeans with brown boots on his feet, where Sophia had on leggings, sneakers and a loose fitting pull over. She was walking faster then he was, so she reached the seating area and threw herself into a seat across from me and immediately pulled out a magazine and plugged her headphones into her cell phone. Liam, on the other hand stopped to take pictures and sign a few autographs with fans before security arrived to disperse the group that had gathered and sent them to their respective locations, as well as keep a general eye on the group that had the same flight.

Feeling my phone buzz, I glance down to see a new message from Harlee.

“Are you breathing? Are you alive? Bri, are you okay?! I just saw a tweet about Liam at the same airport. Have you seen him?!”

It rocks having fan-girl friends. I laugh and try to respond, but my hands are shaking, so I opt to call her. She immediately answers, yelling so loudly I’m pretty sure that I’ll have trouble hearing from my right ear for a while. She calms and begins rapid fire questioning me.

-Have you seen him yet?!

“Yes. He & Sophia are sitting across from me,” I whisper, trying not to draw their attention to me.