Glass Houses & Card decks

Unknown.

I'm in the business of misery. That's no secret. I have skills that could make murders look like accidents and I have access to ways of making sure that these murders are classified as accidents at time of death. I've never taken pleasure in the actual act of taking a life, but hey, s h i t happens and i'm the cleaner. I'm the one you call to make things tidy when life gets messy and all I need is a time, date and opportunity.

I've had to kill people close to me and though it saddens me, they had to be stopped. That's just how this thing works.

Rubbing my hands through my hair, I stare at my laptop screen in frustration.

These two just won't quit.

I figured that killing Dave would scare them into behaving because for once, somebody had managed to outmanuver them, but nope. They've both gone off the rails and at the very base of it, Aubri is the target of choice... for one of them anyway. Sophia has been so wrapped up in her lust for Aubri's blood, that she's failed to note that someone is seeking hers.

Idiot.

That girl had been warned that one day her anger and tunnel vision rage would be the reason she got hers handed to her, among other things. Baffles me how she could be sleeping with someone's husband, her sisters husband no less, but want to be high and mighty about Liam leaving her for something better. Pushing my laptop across the bed, I'm almost on my way out of the room when my business phone lights up.

This can't be right.

I stare down at the caller iD incredulously. How did she even get this number?

I contemplate answering just to see what she could possibly want but this number is only used for one thing...

...Which brings me back to my initial question- how did she get this number?

I refuse to answer but I do have to suppress the smile creeping onto my face. Sophia has just played a card that makes my lastest job about 50% easier. Now to watch and wait for the perfect time.