Liam

Liam.

"Please fasten your seatbelts, we are encountering a bit of turbulence." 

Looking over at Aubri, I'm happy to see that she's knocked out, the pillow cradling her head as she's used the blankets given her to cocoon herself. Her lips are slightly parted as her chest rises and falls, ruffling the blanket a bit. I don't want to wake her up because of the turbulence so I add one of my blankets to her cocoon because she keeps tugging at the blankets in her sleep. With the extra warmth added, she settles.

I take this time to really study this woman that I've only known for about 4 hours now. She seems pretty down to earth and real and she doesn't pull any punches. She speaks what's on her mind and it's refreshing. Sophia always wanted to be so perfect that at times, it made her kind of a kill joy. Aubri and I gained tons of sideways glances as we were in stitches cracking jokes while watching our movie. I know I took a risk by bringing her to first class, but so far it's been worth it. She's the break in the routine and quite honestly, I'm secretly happy that she lives so close. Don't get me wrong, I love my girlfriend Sophia. It's just rare that you come across people as free spirited and open as Aubri. The other guys would love her. She rivals Louis in sass and I would pay to watch them interact. Niall & Harry would get a kick out of her playfulness and love of food. She ate the food and snacks provided and had snacks in her own bag.

"No shame," she laughs at me as she goes through her bag, more like a mini pantry if you ask me. I just sat back in awe and watched her enjoy herself, all the while wondering how she fits the size four pants she has on. When she shifted in her seat, the tag popped up & I peeked out of curiousity. Sophia is a size 2, but yet she and Aubri look like they could be the same size. I'll never understand the way women's clothes are sized. I tried to buy a dress for Sophia and she almost lost it because it was a four.

Glancing at my watch, I notice that it's 2am NYC time. Unfastening my seatbelt, I walk to the bathroom. Stepping inside the tiny cabin, I lock the door and splash some water on my face, as well as swish some water around in my mouth and spit. I hate that after sleep taste that lingers, so the water takes some of it away. Patting my face dry with paper towels, I start walking back to my seat.

"Ohmygod it's him," I hear a voice whisper excitedly behind me. Turning, I see two teenaged girls, probably no older than 15 smiling at me nervously and looking like they were panicking. Not wanting them to cause a scene, I walk over to them and say hello.

"Can we please, please have a picture?" They ask.

"Sure," I respond easily. One girl opens her camera and snaps a picture of all three of us in a selfie and she and her friend thank me before heading back to their seats.

Pulling my sleeves up a bit, I walk back to my seat and strap myself in. Glancing at Aubri, she's shifted a bit. Her naturally curly hair is breaking free of the bun that she put it in before falling asleep. Soft, messy curls are framing her face and she wrinkles her nose, trying to move a curl in her sleep. I laugh lightly as I gently push the curl behind her ear and she smiles faintly in her sleep.

I have to admit that she's beautiful. High cheekbones and slanted eyes, perfectly clear milk chocolate skin and softly pouted lips. She has long black hair, with the ends dyed a honey brown that compliments her skin tone. Her black rayban glasses highlight her slanted eyes and high cheekbones. She has jade studs in her ears and a gold necklace with what looks like a baby ring hanging from it. Looking at the ring, it has a sky blue stone in it. I wonder if it's her birth stone.

My conscious pulls at me, reminding me about Sophia. I shouldn't be studying this woman so hard. She could be a great friend though, I mentally argue within myself. My subconscious again reminds me about Sophia.

Sophia hasn't really been herself for the last couple of months. Setting a reminder on my phone to call her when I land, I get comfortable and fall back asleep. The flight is only two more hours and I have to go straight to practice for the upcoming tour. I'll probably just drop Aubri off at her hotel, go to practice and check on her afterwards. Satisfied with my plan I drift off to sleep, but not before taking her hand back in mine. It's calming to me. Her hand fits perfectly, I note to myself as my subconscious shakes it's head at me.

Sleep comes peacefully.