(29) Liam

(30) Liam

“I just wanted to know if you know that the fans are going bat shit crazy on twitter at the picture you posted.”

“I do.” I respond, and I do know. I know that I have to protect her even more so now. I love my fans but they can get brutal… if they ever found out about her reasons for leaving New York, I can’t say for certain that they’d be totally understanding about it. She turns and smiles at me, the light hitting her eyes, making them shine… or is she about to cry?

 I take in her features as she snuggles back into my chest, hiding the blush that spreads across her face as I kiss her head and take her hand.

You ever meet someone and get that feeling? You know, that feeling like they’re going to change your life?

Yeah. I mean, sure we’ve only known each other for a few days, but in this business you learn to read people in short spaces of time. She’s genuine. I also appreciate that she tries to hold it together and treat me like a normal person. I like it.

Chris grins at me as he takes in the sight of Aubri’s fingers intertwined with my own. He’ll never admit it, but I know he didn’t care for Sophia and anyone but her is enough to make him happy, though he genuinely likes Aubri. All the guys do and that’s making this a lot easier for me.

I’m not going to lie and say that my heart doesn’t hurt with the whole situation with Sophia, I mean I’ve known her for a really long time and we were together for a bit.

Just wasn’t meant to be.

No matter what I would’ve done, she would have still been doing what she was doing and I would have been none the wiser.

Making a mental note to return the ring I purchased for her, I tune back into the conversation between Aubri and Chris.

“What about going out?” I ask, looking down at Aubri as she appears to be in deep thought.

“Thinking we want to go clubbing.” Chris answers as Aubri nods along.

“I know just the place we can go later on today.”

Nodding Chris exits the room, leaving Aubri and I in comfortable silence as she hits the resume button on the wii, continuing the movie. She gets really fidgety moments later.

Shifting, I help her sit up without elbowing me in the ribs and ask her is she’s okay.

“I just don’t want whatever this is to move to quickly and burn out. You know? I mean we’re neighbors and everything. I don’t want this to be awkward.” She plays with the hem of my shirt and I know I chose right. The same thing crossed my mind about hundred times before kissing her.

The reward was worth it though.

“Hey, hey. Shh.” I cup her face, making her look me in the eyes. “We’ll take our time and go slow. Okay? I can sleep at my place sometimes so you can have space if you need that.”

She shakes her head. “No, I’ve kinda gotten accustomed to you sleeping in the bed with me now. Maybe we can alternate, my place during the week and yours on weekends.”

“Sounds good to me,” I assure her and her shoulders relax.

After ordering some Mexican food, we eat and hang out in her bed all day, trading stories and laughing. Loki comes back over from my place and makes himself at home in the corner of her bedroom by the book shelf.

“I should thank you,” I begin to say before cutting myself off.

“Hmm?” Aubri’s sleepy voice grabs my attention.