(xx) Something Great

Aubri.

Laying in bed with Liam is something I don't think i'll ever get enough of. After quickly drying my hair, he pulled one of his shirts over my head and threw on a pair of basketball shorts before carrying me to our bed. Now we're just laying here and i'm tracing his tattoos and he's playing with my hair. Both exhausted from our greeting.

"Babe, you sleep?" Liam asks lightly, his voice heavy with drowsiness.

"Mmm?" I half respond and he sits up.

"One sec. Stay in the bed," he instructs before disappaering into the hall and coming back with a hand balled into a fist.

"What is it?" My curiousity takes over and i sit up on my elbows while watching him. Liam seats himself at the foot of the bed and pulls down the covers, taking my hand in his and pulling me up into a fully seated position. He bites his lip and looks out at the view before taking a deep breath and looking back at me.

"All I want to do is protect you and be here for you. You have been the bright light in my dark place and I don't want to ever lose you. I know my schedule has been so rough and you've been a trooper.-"

My eyebrows crinkle while I watch his face. Whatever Liam has to say, he's nervous about it and i'm slightly worried. Placing my hands in his free hand, he smiles and raises them to his lips to kiss before leaning in to kiss my lips.

"I know i've already asked so much of you with my life but... Aubri, will you marry me? Will you be my wife? My best friend?"

Tears spring into my eyes and I tackle him, showering him in kisses while nodding frantically. I wrap my arms around him and he just laughs and kisses me back.

"I love you too babe."

Opening his hand, my vision blurs as I see the ring. It's perfect. Looking up at him with tears streaming down my face, he wipes my eyes before placing the ring on my finger. Holding my hand up for inspection, he smiles at the perfect fit and he kisses the ring on my finger.

Climbing back into the bed and snuggling with me, he murmurs into my hair. "I bought you a ring set to wear in public. It's three rings that fit your index,middle and ring finger... so maybe we'll be able to keep our engagement between us and the guys. It's safer that way," and I nod, looking up at Li's profile as he drifts off to sleep. Smiling, I feel the effects of sleepiness starting to set in myself and i gently kiss his lips before snuggling into his chest.

Aubri Payne.