Chapter 59: "Just like me, huh?"

Start from the beginning

I embarrassingly look away and when I've finally calmed down I look back at him. That was a bad Idea...

He's staring at me with a knowing grin on his face. -WHAT THE HELL?!-

"S-so..." I clear my throat and avoid eye contact. "I have something important to tell you."

He releases his gaze from me and calmly asks. "Did something happen between you and Blake?"

"Sort of." I dumbly answer.

I can see his jaw muscles twitch and his eyes are squinted looking at the road. -If looks could kill.- "What... exactly?"

I'm sort of feeling unwell with this. "Promise me, that you won't tell it to anybody. Please."

He looks at me. "Amanda, whom should I tell? What is spoken between us, stays between us."

-He always makes life seem so easy. He's reliable, simple and basically perfect! Agghh!-

"Okay. I trust you." I admit and he gently smiles back. My first sentence starts with this: "Blake and I aren't dating."

Raven widens his eyes at me, looking surprised. " But the media-"

"It's complicated to explain. Part of this involves Blake's family problem. I can't tell you all the details. I'm sorry..."

It takes him a while, before he responds. "Aha."

"You're not mad?" I ask as he leans back, still staring at me.

"I am. Very."

-WHAAT??!!-

"But I understand that. He needed someone for a reason." Raven shuts his eyes.

"Are things alright between us?" I unsurely ask.

His eyelids open again. I spot anger inside them. "Yet it is not alright, that he used you!"

"I agreed to help him. It wasn't his decision." I stare at him and he shuts his eyes again.

Silence.

Suddenly he mumbles. "Why do you have to be so kind?..."

"What?"

He looks like he's asleep for a moment. "Do you have any feelings for Blake?"

-He ain't serious right now!

But I have to ask myself aswell...

Do I have any feelings for the bad boy, who has hated me in the beginning but turned nice in the end?...

How about him? He's really changed around me.

Am I too selfish for thinking like this?...

I need to stop thinking about that! Not now.-

I come up with a distraction and grin. -What if I turn it into a sort of joke?- "Raven, are you perhaps jealous or something?"

He opens his heterochromia eyes and narrows them at me. "Yes, is that a problem?"

-Wow... I didn't expect that. How straightforward.-

I nod and he sighs. "There's nothing to be jealous about... He's just a friend."

He looks away from me, mumbling again. "Just like me, huh?"

-Why is he always so upset about little things? I was just trying to joke and tease him... geezzz-

"Sorry..." I say and realise how misleading that sounded.

The broken boy opposite me, seems to have expected my answer. He slightly smiles at me and we form an eye contact. He may be smiling, but his eyes aren't following. The look on his face tightens my heart.

"Raven, I-"

"You need to drink your coffee. It might get cold." He interrupts me just like that and grabs a napkin. His eyes are on it as he folds it in many ways.

-NO! I DON'T WANT TO END THIS, JUST LIKE THIS! I'M SICK OF IT!-

Again, there's this kind of pain in my chest. I hate it, when I bring people down.

"Raven, please listen to me." I say and he stops doing, whatever he's trying to do with the napkin.

He doesn't look up, back at me, but as long as I've known him, he does this even when he's listening.

"You mean a lot to me." I gulp and feel myself heating up again. "I don't like the way this turned out. I miss the times, where we seemed so ...close. It aches my heart, lying to you. I might not know you for so long, but you mean a lot to me!" I fear that I'm being over dramatic infront of him, so I bite my bottom lips and try my best not to show any emotions.

My eyes burn for some reasons and it's hard to swallow.

"You mean a lot to me too." He then says. "But our means are different." With that he simply smiles at me, again.

-I can clearly see the pain in his face.-

______________________________________

Author: I know, this is short again, but hey! Raven and Amanda are having their moment xD

If you were Amanda, would you do the same?

Break your promise to Blake?

What about Raven?

Does his hints help him show his love towards her?

Please don't forget to vote♡ and stay tuned for the next chapter.