t h i r t y - n i n e

Unedited

(sorry for that randomness of this chap. You'll see what I mean.)

⚠️Gun use, harsh words, slight anxiety attack

..........

Namjoon stares at Yoongi who smiles at him with sweet childhood innocence. It makes his heart hurt at how ironic the situation is. How someone could be so happy while watching their parents become frozen with fear.

Seokjin grips at the bottom of his sweater, struggling hard to not show any emotion. He doesn't even look at Namjoon as he speaks.

"Don't bring our children into this. It's silly that you would go this far over a a dumb contract." His mentally high fives himself for keeping a steady tone and not letting his voice waver. Those acting classes came in handy.

The guy who was coughing was long gone. Probably dead or something, Namjoon doesn't focus on it that much.

One of his employees, a trusty assistant of his, suddenly jumps forward in an attempt to snatch the gun away from Shin. The assistant is shot instantly. He yelps in pain and sinks to the ground, clutching his arm. Namjoon doesn't flinch at the gunshot like everyone else does. Instead, he lets out a chuckle.

"Fine. Must we play a game of tic-tac-toe, so be it." And with that, he raises his gun and shoots Shin's assistant, Emily, in the shoulder.

He gets an immediate reaction out of Shin Segi who growls and clenches his gun, raising it at Namjoon with anger evident in his facial expression. He sucks in a deep breath and turns to the side, where another one of Namjoon's assistants was. She was crouched in the corner, trembling.

This gives Seokjin exactly seven seconds to speak to Yoongi.

"H-hey baby, don't worry. Daddy's gonna get you out of there. Even if I have to shoot a bitch, I'll make sure you're safe."

Yoongi just smiles cutely, gums on display as he giggles. This causes Seokjin to smile a bit. This also grabs the attention of Shin.

"He's a cute one," Shin says with a fake grin. "Too bad he's gonna die." He shrugs simply.

Namjoon isn't phased, unlike Seokjin who's eyes start tearing up. Namjoon was used to this kind of stuff.

"I'll sign the damn contract if you bring my kids here. I want to know that they are safe, first. Then, we'll discuss everything else."

Shin seems satisfied. He nods, lowering his gun and motioning for another one of his assistance to call someone. Meanwhile, another employee of Namjoon's held a phone under the table with shaky hands, successfully being unnoticed and allowing help to be on the way.

The owner of RM Entertainment reads over the contract, huffing in annoyance at the amount of money Shin wanted along with half of Namjoon's company. Seokjin sits by him, the laptop had been moved away, and he just holds Namjoon's hand under the table. He was surprised at first when he felt Namjoon's hand shaking slightly. Though he seemed calm and collected, Seokjin new it was just a facade of sorts, like a persona.

"If I sign this, we don't deal with you again, right?" Namjoon asks, just to confirm he won't have to deal with Shin's shit anymore.

Shin Segi smiles but it looks more like an evil grin. "Of course. And as my part of the deal, your children will be here shortly. Safely and happy."

.........

Seokjin is holding Namjoon's hand and Namjoon can feel his racing pulse through his palm. He descretely runs his thumb over a few knuckles, rubbing around in random motions to bring some sort of comfort to his startled baby.