"Alright, I guess I have to convince you some other way," he announced and I heard shuffling behind me.

"What are you- hey!" I exclaimed as I felt two strong arms lifting me up in the air and held me, rather wildly.

"Put me down immedietly!" I screamed as I looked down to see a very happy Arsen chuckle and my stomach dropped as he shook his head.

"No can do Ms Alpha, you're going to jump down that waterfall even if it means I throw you off myself," he cackled as he began running up the side of the waterfall with light speed. My body swayed from side to side at the movement, and whilst all of this was occurring, the familiar sparks danced up and down my body, his scent overpowering me as he slowly brought me down to his chest, cradling me like a baby as he sprinted. It was only then I had registered my skin coming into contact with a warmth that sizzled down my spine. A heat radiating off another source, one that felt like smooth skin with edges carved into it and like a lightbulb, it clicked that Arsen, was indeed, shirtless and the mate bond was going into a frenzy.

My wolf purred at the feeling and my body lit up into flames once more.

"Y-you're crazy Arsen," I managed to blurt out as I closed my eyes and prayed that he'd drop me, hopefully on the ground soon as I resented any feeling of the mate bond.

"Trust me, you're going to love it," he assured me before all of sudden we came to an abrupt stop. My eyes peeled open.

"Okay, now we can do this the hard way or the easy way, I either drop you, clothed and all, or you can take off whatever you need dry and jump on your own free will," he threatened and he took one step closer to the edge of the cliff. A sudden dread washed over me as he continued to take small steps, each one more daunting than the other and before I knew it, I realised I was being dangled off at least 30 feet.

"Arsen, Arsen!" I shrieked and my hands instantly found itself wrapping around Arsen's neck, clinging onto dear life as I refused to look down, praying to the Goddess that he wouldn't drop me. Fear tingled up my spine as I heard his boisterous cackle, his chest moving against my face and the feeling burned my cheeks as I shut my eyes to a close.

"What? Little Ms Alpha scared of heights?" he taunted as he moved me closer to the edge of the cliff until I could feel my feet were not above ground, but rather dangling in mid-air. Another loud shriek escaped me and I scrambled onto him for purchase.

"Please do not drop me," I ordered him, or rather pleaded with him as my mind jumbled to a bunch of scenarios where I died or at least became gravely injured.

"Then are you going to jump on your own?" he asked me, slightly softer as I felt his arms slightly tighten around me. I reluctantly nodded against his chest as my wolf yipped happily in the back of my mind, loving the feeling of our mate's chest against our skin as well as proudly congratulated me for taking this risk.

I felt my body shake as he slowly let go of my body so I could stand up straight and his body pulled back, taking that beautiful warmth with him. My feet moved ever so slightly towards him as my body begged to return back to his heat. I adverted my eyes once more and took a deep breath and turned my back away from him.

"Don't look," I commanded him before my hands grasped the hem of my shirt.

"Wouldn't dream of it," I heard him comment and I quickly rid my torso of one layer of protection and thanked the goddess above that I had worn a singlet underneath.

'Armelle, where'd you go?' an insistent voice prodded in my mind.

'Hello to you too, River, and I'm spending time with Arsen,' I replied curtly as I fingers fumbled with the buttons of my denim shorts.

'And exactly where is that?' he inquired.

'None of your business,'

'That doesn't sound the greatness, please don't tell me I interrupted your hanky-panky-'

'River, goddess no, what's wrong with you?' I spluttered as I felt my cheeks blazed up and prayed that the rogue behind me wasn't looking.

'I'm just saying, but if you are please don't let me know, and use pro-' he began.

'Goodbye River,' I ended and shut off the mind-link before I heard any more nonsense spew out of his mouth. I huffed as I slid my shorts down my legs and hoped that by the time I turned around my face wasn't the same shade as beetroot.

"We don't have all day, hurry up," I heard his annoying voice say and I discarded the two items of clothing to the side and swivelled around, and just as predicted, his back faced towards me and I watched his foot tap against the ground quickly.

I felt my mouth curl up at the childish sight and my eyes, unfortunately, wandered to the expanse of his relatively sculpted back, the sun creating deep shadows that showcased his prominent and build stature. My stomach twist at the sight and I-

Stop it

I tore my eyes away from him.

"I'm done," I called out to him and slowly watched his turn around in the corner of my eye.

"Took you long enough,"

I rolled my eyes at him and waited for him to get on with it, or at least tell me what to do. But instead, I heard nothing and in the corner of my eye, I saw his eyes slowly wander up to my legs and his heated glare penetrated through my body. I gulped, I could feel the heat growing in my cheeks and probably now, they must be beyond an attractive rosiness. I felt like squirming at his gaze, my first instinct was to usually scold him and tell him to look away, but now trapped in his stare, I just wanted to cover up. I felt like a doll on display with the way his eyes turned slightly golden and watched his teeth bite into his bottom lip.

"W-we should get going," he gulped and soon enough his gaze tore away from my body and he hastily walked closer to the edge once more and looked down it. In a flurry I did the same, taking another deep breath and stood next to him, staring down over the edge with the waterfall roaring down into the pool below.

"Ready?" he questioned as he took a step next to me, and I felt his body warmth radiate. I gulped but nodded slowly.

Goddess, don't let me die, please

My wolf barked happily as adrenaline coursed through our veins staring into the clear depths below, which surely was a pretty deep pool of water. I could hear the water roaring in my ears and my heart was beating miles per second as I gathered whatever courage I had in me, closed my eyes and listened to the beating of my heart and the pummeling of water.

"Three," I heard him count.

"Two," a warm hand grasped mine.

"One," and we threw ourselves off the edge.