Chapter 5: The sleepover

Blaine was driving home excited that he’d finally have a few days to talk to his best friend again, no distractions no Rory nothing to interfere with them. Blaine thought that this would be the perfect time to tell Kurt exactly how he felt.  He didn’t know how Kurt would react but at least his feelings would be out there at least he wouldn’t have to try and hide everything from him.

By the time he pulled up at his house he noticed a figure standing at the door waiting. When he got out the figure turned around and Blaine noticed it was Santana. She started walking right up to him

“Oh hey Santana wha...” Blaine said but was interrupted by Santana slapping him hard on the face.

It stung really badly. During his time at McKinley he was slushied on a daily basis. A slushie felt like a slap to the face. But never had he experienced this kind of pain caused by a slap.

“Why did you do that” Blaine said in agony

“You told Brittany I liked her didn’t you!” She yelled

“What? No!” Blaine yelled back

“Then why did she come up to me and say, I quote “Santana I love you so much and I think we should date because I am a lesbian and I want you to be too” Why?! Only you knew!” She yelled again

“I didn’t tell her you were in love with her! She said she was in love with you so I told her to go and tell you how she felt!” Blaine said tears starting to run down his face due to the pain.

“You did?” She said this time lowering her voice

“Yes! And you just slapped me” Blaine said

“No, that was my evil twin, I call her Snicks she takes over Santana when she’s mad” Santana said.

“Well Snicks hurt me!” Blaine replied

“Well that’s what happens to Snicks, she’ll go Full Lima heights on your sorry ass if you mess with her again. Our fake dating is done” Santana said in a nasty tone then started to walk away.

Blaine walked into his house and fell on his couch. The pain of that slap was agonizing. He decided to look at the slap before deciding how bad it was. Blaine went upstairs to his bathroom and look at his face. His whole face was red as a tomato and there seemed to be three faint claw marks, fading slightly. He decided he better get some ice on it.

After ten minutes of lying on the couch clutching an ice pack to his face he checked himself again. It was a lot better. He decided to stop think about Santana and “Snicks” for now. He got changed into his best outfit and packed some clothes. Pyjamas and toothbrush. Just as he was about to go he quickly scrawled in an untidy handwriting note to his parents:

“Going to Kurt’s. Staying till Tuesday, be home Tuesday afternoon”

By the time he was at Kurt’s he noticed that he didn’t seem to be in the least nervous and better not sweaty this time. As Blaine knocked on Kurt’s door, he noticed that his face was still overly red and you could still see the nail marks. Ugh he was going to look stupid. Kurt opened the door and let him in. When they were up in Kurt’s room they thought they should study Kurt’s Math, seeming as he was starting to fail that subject too.

“I just don’t understand why does the Alphabet need to Mingle with Numbers?” Kurt asked. Blaine Laughed:

“Because those aren’t letters they are numbers but that’s what you need to figure out. It’s just a symbol for this number there.” Blaine said

“You are such a Nerd Blaine I swear” Kurt said laughing

“Not as much as you were when you wore glasses for the 4th and 5th grade!” Blaine replied.