Chapter 24: Do or Die

The calm before the storm. Multiple storms. Blaine realised he had multiple storms headed his way, some may be slower than the others, but they were coming and of course they would all join into one huge storm raining hell upon his life. He laughed at the idea, only this could happen to him. The first wave of many storms to come was the show choir callback match. In just under 24 hours Blaine and the New Directions would battle via singing to determine who goes to the next stage of the show choir competition, but Blaine didn't really worry about whether they were going to win or lose; it was mere fun between his boyfriend and himself, a friendly match he called it. But of course Blaine was going to try and win, because Sebastian had bet him otherwise and he refused to lose, even if it was just twenty dollars. He had a steady source of income now after handing an resume in at the Lima Bean and receiving the job a record-breaking thirty minutes later, Blaine assumed it was the luck of the age old New Years Resolution.

After the bombshell from his mother, Blaine expected the house to become a war zone (which he thought was ironic, because he thought he already did that himself), but all had remained quiet. His mother hadn't told his father anything of her intentions. He wondered what would happen to their law firm? They co owned an Ohio law firm which usually defended clients on civil and criminal cases. Blaine was scarred to see the outcome but was also smug with the idea of seeing the office space on fire, employees running with waving hands whilst screaming and two large creatures in business shirts and ties roaring at the other as they prepared to fight to the death. Ah the Anderson Clan thought Blaine. But he has his own trials to face, he closed his eyes and mentally sung Raise Your Glass in his mind, picturing what it would be like to come out of this storm victorious with an extra twenty dollars in his pocket. He let out a laugh.

~~~
Entering the Glee Club rooms for what seemed like the first time in forever was strange. Holly told the glee club that she learned to pick locks in freshman year because she was always chased by seniors who thought her costumes and impressions of her case studied individuals was lame, and she offered to pick the lock on the glee club doors.

"Easier than a jail cell lock" she laughed "Now before you go on tomorrow you need one more rehearsal, here. Where it all started. Because a storms coming and you all need to motivation."

Everyone was more than a little curious to examine the room: now grey and dusty with no light. But it took no time at all to get it back they way they were used to. Blaine set up all the chairs which all of the New Directions sat in and commented how weird it felt to be sitting back in the most uncomfortable chairs in America.

"Thanks Obama" Santana said. Everyone laughed. Everyone including Blaine felt home once again. But then an eerie feeling came to Blaines mind. A feeling that they were missing something: Kurt. He knew he disliked Kurt, but it seemed empty without him. But he pushed the thought from his mind; he'd prefer Kurt be hated than be loved after he toyed with Blaine.

"So Blaine, do you want start rehearsals with your song?" Holly asked

Everyone looked at him and smiled, some gave nods and Blaine knew this year was going to be a very good year.

"Guys," he started "it's do or die."

~~~
Nerves were high amongst the group in the green room as they waited to perform first. Holly was seated in the auditorium sending good vibes and messages of support through a landline call to her mobile. Tina wouldn't stop talking. Rachel was calm, sipping water. Britney was stretching. Blaine was tapping his legs nervously. Like Blaine said, it defiantly was Do or Die, and they certainly didn't want to stop now. Blaine wanted to win his bet with Sebastian and was in a text feud with him

Ready to hand over the cash? -Seb

No. Way.Bitch. -Blaine

My wallet is cold. It's calling for the twenty. -Seb