Chapter 20: The Stars and the Moon

For the time Blaine slept he dreamed of all the people he had ever feared or worried about were watching him. As a glass panel separated him from them. Blaine watched them for hours, there was Patrick Collins in the fourth grade, who Blaine feared because he bullied him every day of his life, there was Nita Susans who began to chase Blaine in the sixth grade every day when he rejected her on her varying asking outs of Blaine. But then Blaine also saw Kurt, and he became confused as to why he would be there, also Cooper was beside him. Blaine didn't attempt to break the glass and or understand why it was there or the nature of this image on his mind playing in motion but he just sat and observed. For a while he was sure it was just a still image but he concluded they were moving, but very very slowly. After a while Blaine watched the people approach the glass as begin to slowly but loudly hammer on it. They kept on mouthing his name "Blaine" "Blaine" " Blaine" and then it clicked in his mind. These are also the people Blaine had hurt. Patrick Collins bullied Blaine every day until Blaine went ape shit on him and beat him to a pulp. Nita Susans asked out Blaine everyday for a month and everyday Blaine came down harder on her rejecting her and crushing her heart. Blaine had hurt Kurt so much that he can't even remember the times where he hurt him but he knew that Kurt felt hurt and that's why he was here. Cooper, Blaine had just chocked. And many more Blaine never failed to crush or beat or bring emotional or physical harm to.

The weight of all these harms came crashing down on Blaine as he woke up startled, drenched in the chilly liquid of his own sweat. His mother and father stood at the foot of his bed demanding his attention:

"Blaine Anderson wake up right this second" came his mothers voice.

"Yeah?" Blake asked sitting up and rubbing his head.

"What the hell did you do?" His father asked.

Blaine saw that the time was12.04 a.m. It was Christmas Day.

"Blaine you attacked your brother, why in hell would you do that" his mother yelled "you've hurt Cooper and broken a wall..how does one do that? Honey?"

Blaine paused. The fact that Blaine had punched through a wall, struggle free was curious, and they didn't exactly have thin walls.

"I don't know I just...I just heard them talking..about me and I got angry and then this noise came into my head...and... And I snapped"

His parents stopped. Their anger fell from their face and then they begun talking to him in a whole different mood.

"...Blaine...cooper and Kurt... Well you see they weren't even talking about you" his dad spluttered.

Blaine just stopped. How would his dad know? It's quite apparent that Cooper had lied, to make Blaine's actions unjustified, but something was at the back of his mind, what if...what if Blaine had imagined it. Cooper and Kurt were sounding louder then they should be through the wall and the noise that flooded Blaine's mind, exactly like before he blanked out on Main Street. And then the motion of Cooper walking slowly towards Blaine, no glass separating them this time, visualised in Blaine's eyes and it was realer then he could have imagined. His attention was brought back by his father clicking at him.

"Blaine... We're going to get you to see someone" His mother stated.

He didn't like this idea one bit.

"Why? Because of this one thing? I'm sorry, I'll apologise to Cooper later, but don't take me to see someone, it was a one time thing and it won't happen again." Blaine retorted quickly.

His parents looked at themselves nervously then back to him.

"Ok honey" his mother said.

"Get some sleep Blaine, it's Christmas and you'll be up soon, good night" his father said.