Photo #39

[This chapter is edited by @SimplisticSarcasm]

###

I made a Spotify playlist for this fic. Go follow

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0aHtw5kSdAMomnuQ874mtE?si=T-8v6ZUgSHexdewaJ9VXlg

com/playlist/0aHtw5kSdAMomnuQ874mtE?si=T-8v6ZUgSHexdewaJ9VXlg

###

"I hate you for giving up on me. I hate you for giving up on us. I hate you for hurting me. I hate you for making me cry. I hate you for leaving me. I hate you for what you've done. I hate you for ruining everything we had. I hate you for making me trust you when you were just gonna break that trust. I hate you for making me love you so much. Mostly, I hate you for I've loved you despite everything you put me through."

Unknown source

###

"I'm not gonna leave you."

— fifthharmonyslays 

###

2 January 2019

"Oh Mina, you're not going anywhere."

Mina struggled to raise her head, given her awkward fallen position.

That voice. Her voice. It was a voice that she would never forget.

Once upon a time, Mina was living in a state of borderline despair. She had gone to the United States in search of a new beginning, to pursue an education, to make a name for herself. She thought a brand new environment would ensure a brand new tomorrow, no matter how her life back in Korea went downhill.

But Mina was still unhappy.

The pain was insufferable. The hurt was unforgivable. The event was a constant nightmare.

Her significant other of three years had cheated on her. She saw it with her own eyes. Mina could only grimace at how people say time will heal.

Because it absolutely wouldn't! Mina could not; could never, forget such a thing.

But one night, her voice caught Mina's attention. In a sea of partying people, she saw through the cloud in her eyes. She noticed her discomfort, for Mina had grown reproachful towards parties since the last incident. They bonded easily over several beers and champagnes. Mina found calmness in that one-of-a-kind voice. She was deeply attracted; and she wished to keep it close. And as to her wish, she did.

For a few years, it was the only voice that Mina sought peace and motivation from. It was the only voice that Mina would always come home to after a long day. It was the only voice that had many effects on Mina.

"Jeongyeon," Mina mumbled under her breath.

She used to love calling this name. But now, it only held anger and broken trust.