Photo #17

18 July 2018

"Listen here, Seokjin-ssi. You better thank your sorry ass that she doesn't want to press charges. You deserve much worse than that so fuck you!" I cussed at the young man, who was at least two feet taller than me. 

People around us stopped to see what the commotion was about. Some of them shook their heads in disapproval. So what if I was a girl and swear like a sailor in public? Someone had to deal with this guy. 

"Hey, she pounced at me first! What I did was just self-defence. How the fuck was I supposed to know the lady's her girlfriend?" The guy had the nerve to excuse his action. 

"You're not even supposed to hit on girls in the first place!" I snapped. The thought of some sleazy guys like Seokjin hitting on Mina boiled my blood. 

"Are you crazy? Guys hit on girls all the damn time."

Ladies and gentlemen. This is exactly why I dislike men. 

A nurse interrupted us before things turned into another bloodbath, "This is a hospital. We appreciate if you'll keep your voices down."

Nayeon pulled me away, "Chaeyoung, calm down." 

"It's not my fault this woman is barking mad," Seokjin pointed an angry finger at me. I would've choke him if Nayeon didn't grab me. 

"Don't tell me to calm down. He's the motherfucker who tried to hit on Mina and hurt Jeongyeon!" 

"I can hear you, bitch!" Seokjin called out to us. I tried to retort but Nayeon slapped a hand on my mouth. I glowered at her. 

"It's no use fighting with him. I'm not trying to side him but at least he's here and willing to pay for Jeongyeon's medical fee," Nayeon explained. 

"Yeah, you heard her. She has more sense than you," Seokjin jeered. Jesus Christ, this guy! His ego really provoked the worst out of me. 

"Please shut up, Seokjin-ssi. You're not helping," Nayeon barked at him. Seokjin muttered something in between "bitches" and "bad luck" under his breath. 

While Nayeon steered me away, I heard the nurse directed him to the payment counter. 

"Where's Mina?" I suddenly grew alarmed by her absence. I was so caught up by my rage after Mina explained what happened to us. I stormed off to confront Seokjin, leaving her with her best friend.  

They were at Jeongyeon's colleague's birthday party, which was held at the bistro coincidentally in that same hotel. Seokjin was very advancing on Mina so Jeongyeon had to step in. The problem was, she wasn't discreet as she had a few drinks so the fight broke out. Mina was on her way to their car, thinking she could drive Jeongyeon to the hospital, when she met us in the lobby. It was chaos when I arrived at the scene. I immediately called the ambulance to pick up a bloodied Jeongyeon, accompanied by Mina and Seokjin. Later, I drove Nayeon and myself to the hospital. 

"She's at the second floor. Ward 205."

I hated hospitals. The walls were always too white and the lights too bright they stabbed my eyes. The air constantly smelled sterilized and chemical. I never understood how Mingyu oppa could take pleasure in working under this condition. Besides, one of my most heartbreaking memories consisted that only time I was sent into the hospital. I winced at the memory of broken shards of plastic and glass, that was once the camera Mina bought me as a graduation gift. 

My feet hurt so much in heels. I spotted Mina sitting on a bench, my heart torn at the sight of her head hung low to her chest, her shoulders still shaking vigorously from crying. Mina was always a gentle person. I could only imagine how the experience at the party must had shocked her to the core.