Photo #33

[SONG BY MAXIMILLIAN HECKER]

Thanks to @KeteknyaChaeng for recommending me this song. This part of the lyrics never fail to hit home: Time will ease the strain to wander. Time will heal my wretched love. 

###

29 December 2018

My eyes fluttered open. I stared at the white ceiling, listening to the sound of my steady breathing. Fragments of yesterday's dream lingered at the back of my head. I remembered it was pretty amazing. The dream. Or was it a memory? There was a girl with me. We were throwing hoops in the arcade. I couldn't decide which one was brighter: the flash of light or her smile.

"Chaeyoung! Are you in there?" someone shouted from outside followed by a loud bang.

I recognized the bedroom in my office as I took one look around the sun lit room. 

I slept late last night.

I threw the covers off and sat up on the sofa bed, groaning, fighting off the fogginess in my head to get a hold of my bearings. Just then, the door creaked open, a slender body that belonged to a girl peeked in.

It was Yeri.

"There you are!" she exclaimed. 

"What time is it?" I asked groggily.

"You have some nerves to ask!" scolded Yeri. Throwing the door wide ajar, she marched in and stood in front of me like an angry mother to her misbehaving son. She tapped at her watch, "It's 2 in the afternoon."

I nodded and yawned.

I yapped when Yeri dragged me up to my feet and barked on my face, "Have you forgotten?"

"What have I forgotten?" I glared at her.

"It's the 29th of December, for God's sake!" Yeri let out a cry of distraught, "She's landing in an hour and what the hell are you still doing here?"

29th December?! 

I screeched so loud in realization. Poor Yeri, she must had gone temporarily deaf. I dashed to the bathroom to wash up in a world-record breaking, lightning speed. Back in my bedroom, I threw on a winter parka over an orange sweater and slipped my legs into a pair of skinny jeans hastily. I put on my glasses which sat on top of the night stand, and stepped out of the room, without bothering to fix my hair, letting the black long locks fell to my chest. 

A/N: This look

A/N: This look.

Yeri, who was waiting for me by the entrance, threw my keys and wallet in a perfect arch and somehow, they landed right into my palms.