Interlude #1

Interlude Pt. 1 : 

"I was told that the feelings would die down, but here I am, excited for every day I spent with her."

###

5 May 2011

The clicks of the camera shutter was drown by the sea of murmurs. Lowering down my camera, I rose from my crouching position as I braced myself to face a crowd of students swarming the corridors to their next destinations after class. No one spared me a glance albeit most recognized me. At this point, my presence in the Faculty of Law had became common, unlike my first visit. Well, I occasionally drew attention when I set foot into here. It wasn't everyday to see the most popular art student trespassed into this particular erudite compound of the university. However, nobody dared to make a move on me because everyone knew who I was after.

Myoui Mina. The beautiful law student, who had me wrapped around her fingers on our first encounter.

I stuffed my camera into my bag and headed for her class. I had her timetable memorized like the back of my hand so I could always conveniently showed up at her last class. Walking with her after classes became an activity that I looked forward every day. Along the way, I was almost skipping, my footsteps light and jovial, because the thought of seeing the girl of my dreams always made me giddy.

We had been texting back and forth for a month. Long story short, it was quite a pain to ask for her phone number but Mina eventually succumbed to my request so everything was worth it. In a short period of time, the attraction didn't falter but it only grew stronger each day. I decided to trust my instincts towards this girl because I had never felt like this before. 

Through our limited interaction, I was so mesmerized by her despite my first impression of her as the admirable dancer on the stage. She was the kind of girl who prefers doing things herself and keeping her emotions in but cares a lot for the others. Beneath her cold, mysterious aura hid the softest heart in the world. I relished in the fact that she wouldn't have let me into her life if she was really as cold as what people said about her. It was only up to me to prove myself worthy. Based on the rumors, she didn't lack suitors throughout her years in SNU but being a dancer, people mistaken her as a passionate, expressive girl but to find out later that it was the contrary, causing them to give up easily. 

Therefore, I tried not to act too advancing as if I was forcing her, though I made it clear to her at the start that I wanted to court her. Knowing my short temper, the last thing I wanted to do was scaring her off so I forced myself to to slow down my pace. With Mina, I had to be patient. Just all the things I did for this girl. I was undeniably tamed.

The final years gushed at the sight of me appearing at the entrance of the lecture hall. I smirked at the thought of how some of them were secretly wishing their partners would do it like me. The class was almost empty seeing it was dismissed ten minutes ago so it wasn't hard for me to spot the hardworking brunette who was seated in the middle, her long dark hair covering her face. She was still busy copying notes from the board. A laptop on top of a thick textbook placed on the side of her table.

Smiling, I walked over to her as silent as possible and sat down beside her, leaving a seat empty between us.

I frowned at how she was completely oblivious about my presence, so focused on her writing. As one of the top students in her class, she tend to forget about everything when she studied, including meals. I worried of her health since she was already slim. So within this one month, I took the responsibility to keep her well-fed. 

As soon as she was finished, she freed her nose from its nearness to the page surface, looking up from her papers and straightening her back. I took it as my cue to interrupt her.