Photo #34

[SONG BY WRABEL] 

Thanks to @alleyesonmyoui for recommending this song. The lyrics sing about wanting to go see his old flame (correct me if I'm wrong). They were so close yet so far. It's somehow reminds me of Michaeng in the beginning of this story, where Chaeyoung kept thinking how she wanted to be close with Mina. 

###

30 December 2018

When I woke up this morning, the sun had risen high enough to tell me it was already noon. Yawning, I sat up and stretched my arms above my head, then picking up at my phone that I left on the nightstand. 

12.18pm

It's not Chaeyoung if she doesn't wake up late. 

Suddenly, there was a loud clank outside the room, startling me wide awake. Groggily, I got out of the bed and headed for the kitchen, putting on a hoodie along the way as today felt colder than before. The entire apartment smelled like bacon and eggs.

"Mina?" I called out as I neared the kitchen. 

The said girl whirled around in surprise. I blinked, letting the image of Mina in her most casual outfit sunk into my foggy brain. Her small frame was mostly swallowed by her over-sized hoodie and those black fitting pants showed off her long legs. The cherry on the cake? She tied her hair in a long ponytail!

"Oh Chaeyoung, did I wake you up?" she asked sheepishly. 

"No," I shook my head and hopped onto a stool, my eyes never tear away from her, "I woke up before you banged down the kitchen." 

"I'm sorry," she gripped at the poor spatula a little too tight. 

Both of us smiled. The events of last night still fresh in our minds. I broke off our eye contact and glanced at the frying pan atop the electronic stove. Wisps of smoke floated above, and was that a burnt smell?

"Err Mina, you might want to get that," I pointed at the burning pieces of bacon with a huge smirk. 

She jumped, "Oh God," she quickly switched it off and dug out the pieces with that same spatula she just dropped onto the floor. Did she even wash it first? 

I slouched on top of the kitchen counter, one side of my cheek pressed against my folded hands, watching Mina scrambled to make brunch in amusement. Even when she was flustered, her steps were just as graceful, like she was dancing in my kitchen. It was truly a sight. I couldn't help grinning at how her eyebrows kneaded when she was measuring the right amount of coffee powder for a precisely nice cup of coffee. Whereas, I would've just dumped a spoonful into the mug and made do with it.

Am I living in a dream? 

"I'm surprised you have food in the fridge," Mina's abrupt remark broke my daze. 

"I try to do grocery shopping whenever I can," I said. 

"Here," Mina said simply, serving two plates of American breakfast, followed by two cups of coffee. My mouth watered at the sunny side up eggs. I waited for her to join me before I dug in, trying not to seem like a hungry animal, wolfing down my food. 

"This is so good!" I pulled an exaggerated face. The grease from the bacon still lingered at the back of my throat. Luckily, Mina managed to save them so they weren't as burnt as I thought they would.