My attention was on Xavier as he launched forward with his knife ahead. In several swift movements I disarmed him and jabbed him in his side. I learnt self defense against knives too many times for it not to become second nature.

He collapsed foward spewing his distasteful blood from his mouth and wound. His expression was a plea for help, I gave a satisfied smile. I threw the knife at Hayley and it actually struck her chest making her fall like a bowling pin. I had even shocked myself.

"You think you're so talented with your knife tricks but I have more than one-"

Before Xavier could finish waffling the door burst open and men in black uniforms stormed in fully armed telling us to remain calm and still. Armed police.

My heart leaped in joy that we were found and I breathed relieved none of us died, we just all lost a finger and a piece of innocence. We aged a little older than others, that day, and our harsh experience with a sadistical, psycho, gang leader made our reactions and actions a little different.

Noah's POV

When the armed police arrived a sense of relief like no other took over me and began to normally breathe once again.

Before Cayden and I arrived to Xavier's I had contacted my cousin through an encrypted code, who worked with the police, and gave him a location and a breif explanation. I didn't think it would take him so long to receive and decode it.

But when we were escorted out of the building I understood why. We were no longer at Xavier's house but in an abandoned factory in an area I didn't recognise. I felt even more disorientated from the flashing police lights, camera lights and sunlight.

We all were rushed into ambulances to be taken for examination and possible surgery. Thankfully, Cole, Cayden, Jacob and I got our fingers sewn back but they couldn't do Taylor's or Riley's because of how badly they were cut. We laid in the same ward room, protected in the hospital from the press and the possible threat of the rest of the gang.

I couldn't sleep even when the doctors told us it would help our recovery. I was just devastated at what happened to us and disgusted at what Cayden, Riley and Taylor. Cayden went through sexual assault and no matter how brave she thought she was I could see the torment in her eyes. Riley and Taylor had been cut with the most blunt knives I'd seen and hearing their bones crack each time the knife missed the initial cut hurt me differently.

I watched Cayden sleep, on the bed across from me, and I wish I could've helped her and stopped Xavier. He stole a part of her innocence that could never be restored. Even in her sleep she looked bothered and uncomfortable.

The door slid open letting the outside noise come in. It was my cousin, Michael, and he wore an exhausted expression. When he saw I was awake he gave a small smile before approaching.

"How you holding up?" He asked trying not be too loud, taking a seat beside the bed.
"Honestly, not good. I'm in a lot of pain along my left side of my arm and stomach."
"It will heal over time. The doctors said after a week or 2 you'll all feel much better."
"What about the ones who had it worse?"
"What do you mean worse? All of you suffered equal-"
"No we didn't. Some of them had it worst than others. You can't ignore that Riley and Taylor won't have pinky fingers because of how severed it was and Cayden was fucking sexaully assulted."

Micheal took a deep breath as he could tell I was stressed as I never swore, "I can see this really concerns you but you can't think what happened to you wasn't bad also. I understand what your saying and for them it may take longer for healing mentally and physically. I'm sorry for not getting there sooner."

I heavily sighed, "Everyone always says sorry but how about thank you instead. It's not your fault, thank you for getting there. Neither of us knew he'd changed location. How long is security going to be around?"
"As long as it needs to be. Most likely until the whole of the gang is rounded up and those affiliated."

I nodded slowly and hummed in response.

"Now get some rest, detectives will come to talk to you lot. They need to find out what happened and .... to know if Cayden's actions were in defense or 1st degree murder."

My whole demeanor changed, "What?! Of course it was defense. Did you think she willingly undressed herself, killed 2 people and then pretended to play victim?"
"No, I don't. But for the police they need to hear what happened; evidence."
"I don't like that."
"Neither do I but it is what it is. We'll talk later."

The prospect Cayden would go into prison even though it was self defence was a hard pill to swallow. I kept repeating scenes trying to end with a better result but they all were unsuccessful. We were 17 and 18 we shouldn't have to deal with this.

That's the thought I was left with as I forced myself to drift into sleep.

When I awoke that's when the interrogation started. Police men flooded into our room and was asking us questions with small intervals in between. The amount of times I had to repeat the same answer was ridiculous and I was angered at seeing Cayden in handcuffs as a 'possible threat'.

We heard press trying to get in but the security barrier was more than enough to fend them off. Obviously the story had leeked and people found interest in the story. Our parents came later on and solace came after seeing our faces. It took time to explain, to my mum and dad, the order of events. Avoiding eye contact, feeling slight shame, I explained thoroughly.

A hidden sense of calmness came over me from talking about my feelings and thoughts rather than how I stated the events with the police. It was comforting for everyone having the parents around.

Cayden's charges were dropped as we proved it was in her right to act the way she did. But when I actually think about it she killed two people.

The whole atmosphere changed from uncertainty to serenity. I think we all had faith that things would get better at some point.

When we began school again, but we gained more attention than before. Teachers showed us pity. Students gave us alienated looks. No one could know how it felt to be in that situation and that's what brought on their intrigue. Even Leo gave us sympathetic looks.

"Why everyone staring? Can't they find anything better to do?" Cayden sneered, scowling at everyone.
"Well, two of us are missing fingers and.... we were all on the fucking news." Cole raised his voice.
"I think it's kinda cool having a missing finger. Looks like I have a story to tell." Riley admired his hand.
"You already do." Cayden said.
"Plus the amount of ladies I can get with this scar on my abdomen is ridiculous." Jacob laughed in return he got a glare from Taylor, "I-I was kidding."

Gradually, as we travelled down the corridor, our group decreased in size as we parted ways into our classes. In the end only Cayden and I was left. I'd been thinking of a way to ask her out and I could never think of an idea worth using. She kept giving me quick, short gazes that she assumed I hadn't seen.

We took the free seats in the middle row and the teacher started educating us. As I was writing down the notes the teacher wrote on the board, Cayden slid me a scrap piece of paper.

On it read 'stop doing that.'

I replied with 'what?'

'That cute thing you do when you concentrate.'

Cute? I gave her a confused look and she sighed before trying to recreate the face I supposedly did. Pursuing her lips tightly and then twitching her nose. I suppressed a laugh.

'I don't do that.'

'Uh yeah you do.'

'Stop staring at me then and you won't see my cute thinking face.'

Cayden opens her mouth to protest but closes it swiftly before scrunching up the note.

The King's Plan (BWHM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें