"Okay, unfortunally you have got a fever of thirty nine degrees celsuis. This fever has a very high chance that it will kill you..." My heart skipped a beat. I sat up and stared at her, fear filling up inside of my body at an alarming pace. I was going to die...There wasn't much that I could do about this fever. What if I died and Stampy never knew? The hosptial were going to ring my mother up yet my mother didn't know Stampy's phone number! How would he find out? "Now listen, there's nothing to be afriad of. The doctors are planning a operation for you which will be able to control this, as well as your breathing problem." Tears welled up in my eyes. Just the thought of having people cut me open and look at my insides scared the hell out of me. "There is one problem though..." Crystal paused for a few seconds, shifting her weight from one leg to another. "There's a sixty out of hundered percent chance that you will die though." That was when I lost it. Tears rolled out of my eyes, poured down the sides of my face, and fell onto the bedsheet with a muffled thump. Small whimpers came out of my mouth. I so wanted Stampy to be here. I jus wanted to smell his smell again, I wanted to run my fingers through his hair again, I wanted to hear his laugh again. I just wanted him...

"N-o-o-o-no...I don't want to die!" I wailed. My lungs hurt with my sudden voice change but, right now, there was many more things to be worried about. Crystal placed her slim hand on my shoulder and gently rubbed it. "I want my-my friend...I want him so badly." Thinking of Stampy made me wail even louder.

"Listen, considering you are the worst affected on this ward nobodys allowed to see you. But I will see if I can contact a family member for you. Can you give me their number." I knew Stampy's number off by heart. After I told her she jotted it down on a notepad and smiled. "Okay, I'm going to give him or her a call." She walked out of the room, and seconds later I could hear her talking faintly. She sounded quite happy which gave me hope. If she was happy then that must mean she got through to Stampy's phone, right? My fingers played with my small duck coin purse toy thingy for what seemed like forever before Crystal walked back with a smile on her face. "Good news! He's coming in an hour. Apprently he has got you a few things." I sat up and cheered, even though it hurt my lungs even more.

When Cyrstal left I swung my legs over the side of the bed and slowly let my feet touch the ice cold ground. I grabbed my small, green, metal tank and lugged it next to me as I walked towards the window. I fiddled for a while with the window latch until I managed to open it a full inch. Cold air rushed in and quickly filled up the room. Even with my thick pajamas on I felt goosebumps rise up all over my body. I still didn't move though. It felt so good to breath in the outside air rather than the horrible medicine ridden hospital air. I stayed there for a few moments, just enjoying this small amount of freedom that I had, before I noticed a figure walking over the filed down below. I noticed the figures curley hair and at once I knew that it was Stampy. There was a rucksack slung over his shoulder. I guess that was the 'few things' that he had gotten me. I thought about calling out his name then stopped myself because it meant that if any nurses on the ward heard me, then they would come rushing into my room and see that I was out of my bed. I would be in mayjor trouble then. I turned on my heel and trudged back over to my bed. I pulled my body, which, even though I was quite thin now, felt like I was the heaviest person on earth, into my bed and laid my head on the pillow.

The curtains that surronded my bed got pulled open slowly and closed again. I knew exactly who it was. I opened my eyes and stared up at him. Stampy. He sat down on the chair next to my bed and rested his hand on my stomach. A small smile spread across his face. I reached up with my weak arm and placed it on his shoulder. It felt so strange...Feeling him again. It almost felt like all of this was an amazing dream that only I could come up with. But I knew that it wasn't a dream. His body felt all too real to be a dream. I slowly sat up, my lungs wanting to give out, even with my new, extra thick tube that Crystal had given me. I guess that they would be this way for a long, long time though. I had freaking lung cancer...This pain wasn't going to go away overnight! It was most likely going to stay with me for the rest of my life! Stampy planted a small kiss on my forehead, snapping me out of my thoughts. I stared into his eyes, falling in even deeper love with him. Stampy wrapped his arms around my body and brought me closer to him. I slipped off my bed from it but it didn't hurt. My feet touched the cold ground while my head rested against his chest. Through the warm and fuzzy material of his jumper I could hear the gentle thuds of his heart.