The price PJM&KJY

"Bug off, ugly!" Jiyeon grunts as she tries to tackle herself from Jimin's cuddles. The sarcastic remark however tightens his grip to her as he deepens his nose to her back. Inhaling more of her body wash fragrance.

"I thought we were supposed to be lovely." Jimin whines. "Yeah, but you didn't say that we should do it behind them. They are literally not here, Jimin."

Jimin chuckles and kiss her crown head before getting up. He goes to the kitchen counter, pouring himself a coffee.

"Coffee, sweetheart?"

"Don't you have tea? Kinda need a sleep." Jiyeon asks.

"Why need sleep when you got me?" Jimin joke earning a scoff from the maiden. Even though so, he pick the tea sachet and brew herself a cup of tea.

"Jiyeon..." Jimin calls out as he puts down the cup on the glass table. He eyed the maiden who is busy reading on the couch.

"Hmm..." She shifts her attention to the man who seem to have many things to say.

She hopes it was an apology for losing her book mark.

"Are you ready for tonight?" But no, he decided to drop a question that she has been avoiding since the past few weeks.

"What do you mean? Dumped by you in front of your whole family? Its something planed from the start isn't?"

Jimin knew that Jiyeon has something else in mind. He hopes that he can read it so much. And he also hope that it was the same as what his mind is thinking. The event that was going to unfold tonight is something that was planned from the start. But now...

He doesn't want it anymore.

Jimin sips his cup as he looks at the maiden. She looks disinterest of the book as she lazily scans it and sips her tea in peace.

"You look lazy, why? Did the hero die?"

"No. It's just that I was hoping for a better ending."

Me too. Jimin whispers in his heart.

They both silently sips their drink as they waited for nightfall.

Jimin and Jiyeon were once classmates. They are not close however. With Jimin being a priceless possession on his school years because of his ability to dance and Jiyeon being the. good student who pursue knowledge than wandering around social stairs.

They only acknowledge each other, knowing the other's names but never that much to know.

Ten years after, at the prime age of 27, both Jimin and Jiyeon have mature to the best stages in life. Jimin is signing up to be in the big leagues, international championships and so on. Jiyeon on the other hand, was getting ready to be married to her long time boyfriend and having a successful career, being the art director of one of Korea's most prestigious stage.

But one night as Jiyeon is walking home from yet another normal day, she was surprise to see her boyfriend laughing with another lady as he fed her a spoonful of ice cream. She knew her boyfriend's flaws, her friends have reminded her of it countless of times. But no matter what, she seem to not care and continue, ignoring and not believing.

She knew who the woman was. It was a junior back in college. She had been pursuing her boyfriend back then, maybe he just didn't say no.

Jiyeon clutch her fist and was about to march in there and cause a dispute. But, her phone rings. Her phone rings with one specific tone. A tone that she made special for her mother.

She quickly gets her phone and slides the button.

"Yes, mom?"

Jiyeon-a, you need to come home! I have a surprise for you.