Chapter 20

"Lovely morning, wake up sunshine!!", his breath felt warm against my neck.. And as if to confirm he was cozily nestled there, he nibbled my skin there while rubbing his bare leg on mine.

His warm hands were swerving circles on my stomach, which gave rise to his manhood resting thus far near my hip.

We were entangled in each other with only a white sheet covering us.

I used that sheet whenever I felt like sleeping semi-naked.

Yeah, women staying alone get such ideas!!

But this morning we were using it to cover our naked entirety from the cold outside.

The room temperature seemed Normal though- maybe it was all hot from the 'activity' of its occupants all of last night.

"Whatcha thinking?", he whispered softly while blowing curls of hair off my neck.

"I'm not thinking"

"Really?"

"Do you still love her?"

"What??", he sat up facing me.

"Do you love her? 'Cos I know she still loves and covets you."

"Is it? And you know that how?"

"I met her today.. She was here."

"I know. She came to drop that envelope..but how did you meet her?"

"She was asking at the reception for you.. I mean.. I was asking at the reception for you.."

"Wait a minute.. You're asking at the reception for ME? Why would you do THAT?"

"Cos.. Umm..because I wanted to see you desperately after last morning. I wanted to know what that note meant....I wanted to know what being 'Mrs.Ryan Ferguson means"

"So you could've asked me!!", he said semi-screaming.

"That's what I wanted to do.. But you'd left", I screamt back.

"Okay-okay..then?", mockingly cowering down.

"Then nothing.. She was very rude and sarcastic to me"

"That's nothing new", he dismissed that whole sentence with these three words and lied down on his back, staring at the ceiling.

"Will I ever know what's happening?" I crept up to his face, resting my chin on his chest, like a lost puppy.

Who was I kidding.. I was in love with this looker..

He curled his arms around me and came on top me, shifting me underneath..as if to avoid my escape.

"Listen babe, I love you and I don't want that bitch to hurt you. She's capable of that, trust me. I can't let this secret out though. I can't let the world know that you're my girlfriend."

"I'm not your girlfriend"

"Shut up.I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. My divorce will become much more difficult if she comes to know"

"I don't want to be the reason for your divorce"

"You aren't"

"if there is a chance that you two can get back together and this entire divorce thing can be swept off, I don't want you to feel any pressure or obligation towards me"

"Oh, that's very thoughtful of you"

"Please Ryan."

"Listen to me. And listen to me very carefully'cos I'm only gonna say this once. There is NO chance of us getting back together. EVER! Its not just me.. she doesn't want me back either. She has a separate set of dreams and ambitions and she wouldn't sacrifice that for anybody.. Not Even her casting director ex-boyfriend and now husband"

"WHAT? She's married? Again? She can't do that.. That's illegal!!" I sat up on the bed with a jump like some hotshot lawyer had just stated the least obvious fact in the courtroom.

My idiocy made him snicker.

"Hey, hey.. Calm down, wild cat! I didn't say the marriage was legal. I know through some private connections that she's now married to him"

"but who is this guy? Mr. Casting director? How does Theresa know him?"

"Breakfast?"

"Excuse me?"

"You must be hungry, sugarplum.. Let me dish out some nice appetising eggs to you"

"I AM NOT HUNGRY!! Stay here"

I pinned him down to the bed and sat on top of him, straddling him..only this time in a non-romantic way.. But with his hardness growing against me, I knew I was not very successful in keeping in that way..

"Alright alright! Wow! You are something"

I continued to breathe heavily to show him I'm not going anywhere till he answers all my questions. Nor is he!

"Babe, what do you wanna know? The history of this entire shit? Why do you wanna get into all this?"

"Because I'm your girlfriend! Because I LOVE YOU. Is that sufficient?"

"Thank you. Finally we let the cat outta the bag"

He started laughing hysterically.

"Yeah yeah right! Smartass! Now tell me. Why did you marry her? Did she love you? And if she loved you then, what made her or you stop loving each other? In short, why this divorce?"

"Cos she always wanted to become an actor and I was first, her ATM machine and then, a boulder in her path to success"

"sorry, can you please talk in English?"

"Yeah right, smarty pants. Come, let's go downstairs.. This is a long story and will eat up all your weekend"