Chapter 7

Work was ok. Steve was out to his "Australia" trip.

I was trying to somehow get my mind back to work considering what happened last nite and then this morning. Why did he lie to me that he stayed nearby? Why was he looking like that at me?What would have happened if the waiter wouldn't have interrupted us?

"Whoa.. That's what they pay people here for? Daydreaming??". Sheena was standing above me, peering down at me with ice cold eyes.

"Ummm.. No.. I.."

"Uh, Sonia.. You done thinking up the color scheme on that prez I gave u?" Ryan stood behind her, looking down at me..

I was seeing him the first time since we came in together this morning.

"Oh yeah.. I'll just be with you in a bit"

"Good..and uh, Sheena..right? How's the Wallace account working out?"

"Ummm, yeah... I'll quickly send you an email on the status"

And she ran for dear life!

I typed him a text.. "You shouldn't have..thank u"

A second later my phone beeped .. "I wouldn't have.. Unless the reason was me"

"What Reason were u? " I replied.

"Your daydreaming"

"Nooooo..who told you so?"

And then he didn't respond.

Around 6.30PM, when everybody was out except for the two of us and the security downstairs..my desk phone tinkled.

"Hey.." he said.. " Can we talk?"

"Yeah..temme" I tried to sound calm and composed.

"Can you please come in?" he sounded hesitant

"You okay?"

"Yeah.. I guess ...Could you please bring the presentation papers along?"

"Yes..sure."

His tie was hanging loosely around his neck..giving him that awfully sexy-tired look. His hair was a mess falling over his forehead and his eyes..

"Hey.. Come in "

My gut said..something was gonna happen..Something not so right,yet not so wrong..

"Hi.. You wanna work on these?"

"Yeah... Ok.." he still sounded troubled.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing...nothing..

Nothing"

Definitely something!

He pulled his chair closer to mine..so that he could have a better view of the papers.

"Ok...so.....uh, how do you think its turned out"

"its good.. Good.. Its good"

Why is he repeating everything thrice??

I put my hand on his..cupping his beautiful long fingers, that I knew were capable of so much more!

"Are you alright?" 

"No..."

He pulled his hand away and placed it on my cheek..

I suddenly stopped breathing on his warm touch..