Chapter 17

The sun was shining straight into my eyes, my blinds were drawn and I woke up to the sound of a purring engine.. Ryan was reversing his car on my driveway.

Wait.... What was he doing here all night??? Did we?? Again??

I looked down at myself realising I was fully clothed.
What did we do then?

I looked back on my bed..there was a small note with a white periwinkle neatly stuck on a side.

"So, that's what it feels like being Mrs. Ryan Ferguson.Wake up Princess. Breakfast's ready in the kitchen. See you."

What feels like being Mrs. Ryan Ferguson?

What was happening??

I got dressed, downed the yummy omelet he'd prepared for me and rushed to work.. I wanted to know what he meant by that..

When I finally reached work, and checked at the reception, she informed me that Ryan had come In quite early and left office again with some papers around ten minutes ago.

Shit! Narrow miss.. I should've checked the parking lot.

"When do you think he'll be back? Is there a message for me?" I asked the receptionist impatiently.

"No Ma'am..."

"Oh, that's sad", a husky voice spoke those words in a sexy vamp-ish way behind me.

I spun around curiously, to see a tall model-like woman, in her late twenties, dressed in a sharp grey knee-length skirt and a ruffled white shirt.
She had legs of a vogue cover-girl and her make-up was perfect.

"Excuse me? You are.."

"Theresa Ryan Ferguson.. And you are?"

Before I opened my mouth to respond,she spat out .. "Over- interested"

"I'm sorry?"

"You should be.. Get out of my way"

Little Miss Muffet doesnt have the manners to suit those hi-couture clothes after all!!

She brushed past me, carefully maintaining the 2 inch distance, as if I were an urchin.

She commanded at the reception.. "I'm in his cabin. Let him know when he comes in. And please send me some cappuccino.. Starbucks only, brown sugar.. Got it?"

The so-far snooty receptionist obeyed her like a pug and nodded her head wildly.

"Good", saying that she walked off to Ryan's cabin and shut the door firmly behind her.

"Whoa.. What a bitch.." I cussed under my breath.

"Say what?" the dumb-founded receptionist finally found her voice.

"Nothing", I dropped my head and walked towards my cubicle.

So she was Mrs. Theresa Ryan Ferguson.. Man, was she hot!!
Why would Ryan leave HER??
If he can leave her, he can leave anyone.. Even me.
Not that I was thinking of being with him, but you know what I mean ..

"Hey, you wanna work?" Sheila again..

"Yes Sheila.. I do.." I smirked at my idiocy of even thinking of being with Ryan and shook my head aggressively as if to shake his thoughts off.

I had a couple of meetings lined up that day as well and by the time I was done, it was 9 PM.

I stretched out and got up to visit the ladies'.

I passed Steve's cabin on my way..this was occupied by Ryan in his absence.

I opened the door slightly hopin to catch a glimpse of Ryan..but the cabin lights were off and there were no traces of him.

I noticed a large brown envelope on the table, contents half spilled out.

Very un-Ryan like...he was too particular about keeping his things in order.. going by the way he was behaving at my house last night!

I decided to pick it up and go through it.. but I chose not to turn the lights on and draw any attention from the security.. I was ransacking my boss' cabin after all and I didnt wanna get caught doing that!!

There was some kind of a legal agreement inside it and something else that resembled a notice from the Court.. There were also some bills and receipts from some flashy restaurants and hotels and photographs of a house somewhere near a beach.

"That also is what it feels like being Mrs. Ryan Ferguson." ... I jumped at that very familiar voice which came from behind me.. Shit!!