Chapter 16

I couldn't think.

I didn't know what to do.

He was attractive and he knew I had the hots for him. Going by the way the past two nights were spent, he was as attracted to me.

Sure he was a tease...but he WAS hooked!!

And he made no bones about admitting that.. I liked that openness about him.

He clearly knew what he wanted.. or did he?

HE IS MARRIED, Sonia...Will you please wake up to that fact??

I lay there in my bed, staring into the ceiling as these thoughts tossed in my mind.. when suddenly a door bell made me jump.

Its 11 pm!! Who could have come visiting at this hour?

Being the pessimist that I was, the wrong thoughts always cameto me first..

What if someone's in dire need- my family? A friend? A cousin?? Some passerby in need of a phone-call?

I ran to get the door, it was raining heavily outside making the pitch-black night even scarier.

I peeped from the eye-hole ....

what?? again??

I opened the door to the handsome face who knew he'd been on my mind and the reason for me being awake, at this hour.

"Honey,I'm home!! I'm sure you're hungry.. Ah, baby?" Ryan chirped,as he held up a large pizza box and a pack of 6 beers, wagging his eyebrows at me.

Honey? Baby? What was he upto?!

Before I opened my mouth to respond, he gently pushed past me, while I stood there, gaping at him.

"Excuse me? Last I knew this was my house.." I protested.

"Am I asking you for rent? It still is yours, Sugarpie"

Sugarpie?

"I'm sorry?" I had a blank expression which made him chuckle.

He came close to where I was standing and cupped my face in his hands...

And before I knew it, he sucked both my lips between his own.

I couldn't help but respond...and he showed his appreciation in a moan suppressed between the lips devouring mine.