chapter 14

"Sonia!!! Where the f**k have you been? Douche-bag's going crazy calling the office cos apparently you're not answering your cellphone." Sheila was at her paranoid best.

"chill Sheila, I was just a tad tired.. Do I have the right for a day off? Or should I just keep ticking like a clock?" .. That was slightly ruder than it was supposed to be, but she understood I was upset and didn't bother me with anything else during the day.

I had 2 meetings today, both important. Important meaning, Ryan required.

But I decided to proceed without him....couldnt bear seeing hs face again.Not on this day!
The Vaneticin tablets account had been a priority and I was almost going to close it pretty soon.

I had crossed Ryan in the hallway once. Both of us chose to look the other way...although I was one of the two participants in the ignore competition, my heart wrenched at the thought of him avoiding me.
I can ignore him, but how dare he??

He had wronged me.. Not the other way around.

Anyways, the McCains had come in for their 2 PM schedule on time.

It went on for almost 2 hours and they were very happy with what we had presented, the only hitch being the slogan.. They wanted a slogan to launch their brand and our advertising team was working on that tagline for more than a week, without a formidable result.

We were moving slow on it.. And I was hoping they'd let us proceed with the rest of the campaign, letting this one bit remain pending.

But Mr. McCain was a hard-ass and he loved making things difficult for his service providers. He paid them well, so he kinda deserved it. But that was one reason why we had the account and no one else in the industry dared touch it with a barge pole.

"So, Ms. Wilburg.. This is good, but what happens to the tagline? We have to use it everywhere.. You know, hoardings, print-ads and even the TV commercial later. I doubt we can proceed without it!!"

"You don't have to, Mr. McCain.." A figure crept up from behind me in the dark conference room.

"Hi, I'm Ryan Ferguson.. I'm the Vice president-Key Accounts for the APAC region. I'll be working on things till Steve's out."

"Ryyyyaan.. Its a pleasure. I'm Gerald McCain. So, you were saying something about the slogan?!"

Told ya, he was a hard-ass!

''Yes Sir.. Sonia, tell Brad to come in with the tagline he just showed me in the hallway"

I looked at him quizzically!! "Yes, sure"... I said that and walked out to look for Brad.

Brad?? I spoke to this idiot 5 minutes before stepping into the meeting and he had nothing on him. Did he just prepare something in the pressure of the meeting??

"Hey Brad.. Can you tell me the tagline you just told Ryan?"

"Umm.. I didn't tell him, he told me and asked me to write It down in fancy letters, like this.."

He held up a chart paper with a few words written across in bold..

A smile escaped my lips.. It was good, no denying.

We walked into the conference room, all eyes on us..including the beautiful brown eyes that were ravaging my body last night.

I shivered a little at that thought.

"Show us what you got Brad." Ryan said sweetly.

"Umm..here"

He held it up

PICK ANOTHER DAY..TODAY's MINE!
Claim everyday, with Vaneticin Energy tablets!!

"Nice!! I like it!" Mr. McCain beamed.

In fifteen minutes time, they signed all agreements and cut us a cheque.. scheduling a final run-through next week.. We'd won it!!