Chapter 2

What just happened? I couldn't say a single word and looked like a complete dumbf**k standing there with no words for a guy who just fuc**d me with his eyes.

I was feeling stupid-er than earlier this morning - with my head hung gravitating toward the floor, I walked back to my desk.

Just then Sheila knocked on my desk-wall.."hey, Douchebag's been looking for you..where have you been anyways?"

Couldnt tell her now, could I?

"What for?”

"how would I know? you're his pet right? Must be calling in for a little wag" she snickered.

Wow! the whole world's against me today..

I decided to call him rather than go to his 10*10 enclosed space - I didn't trust him anymore.

"Hi Steve, you called for me? Is there anything urgent" - I knew I sounded pissed and that's hardly a way to speak to your boss, but hey..I could nail him for sexual harassment for all I care right now.

"Sone, I'm sorry..I didn't mean to hurt you in any way..I know you have been single for a while and I thought.."

"you thought I'd be the easiest to get into bed 'cos I haven't been laid for a good year now??"

"No, please...dont make me feel so cheap...I just wanted to lighten you up a little bit..I like you..I admit, more than I like any other girl..but my intention is not to get you straight into bed.."

He went on...while my thoughts drifted off to all that had happened to me during the last 3 years...

I am Sonia Wilburg.

An ambitious career-oriented, hard-working girl who had almost always been in control of her life,her family, her dreams,her relationships..

My family was the most supportive bunch of folks one could ever ask for - but my dad's work took him away more times in a year around the country than we'd like, my sister was a lawyer and damn good at her arguments while my mom before her death, was the perfect home-maker.

My mother's death had brought the remaining 3 of us very close, but yet we were coping with it in our own different ways - all of us immersed ourselves in our work so much that we found it difficult to find time for own selves,let alone her thoughts.

Victor, the love of my life was my hope and my support through my mad life.

He was a calming factor and I loved him more each day for the sheer effect his voice had on me when he called in the evenings to end the harshest of days.

His body, his lips, his eyes, the touch of his skin, his kisses, his love-making..I craved for it all and this showed on the weekends when my desperation for him built up during the week spilled over, when I was in his arms on the weekends.

Our love-making was magical - superior to any act of work we knew we performed apart from each other..his kisses biting the inside of my lip, his juices flowing into me making me crave for more. He didn't disappoint me in the 'more' department either.. we were like a string of notes straight out of an electric guitar when we did it - our bodies moving in perfect rhythm,hot and wet with sweat but never stopping.

I was a satisfied woman and he was the man I satisfied to the core - but..

Yep, you knew there was a but..

I caught him cheating..and by caught him, I mean caught him with his pants down and d**k shoved into a two-bit maid who sobbed my house and took out my laundry each morning - all this in a span of two hours one Saturday morning when an out-of-turn client meeting had pulled me out of my weekend time with Victor.

I thought I'd surprise him by crawling into bed next to him and whispering an "I Love You" in his ear.

I opened the door with my set of keys and ventured into the kitchen to first grab a gulp of water before I head upstairs but I stopped short when I heard a woman groaning..I was about to run for help when I heard a man too..and it didn't take time to dawn upon me that it was moaning and not its alliteration as I thought earlier.

He stood there shell-shocked .. with his d**k still sucked inside of her and the b**ch looked up at me like I had just interrupted the fuck of her life.

I am generally quick at my decisions.. not usually like how I had behaved this morning with the coffee machine guy...I threw him and that whore out before they had a chance to pick their clothes up.

"You forgive me,Sonia..don't you?"

Oh dear, Douche-bag..I had almost forgotten about him..."please give me some time to think ..and please do not call me unless official..I need to get this sorted in my head..please"

"oh....OK..Then so far as the work goes, I'm going off to Australia for a week .. I think that will give you some time to think alone.."

"Don't bother about me...I'll be o.k..what about the client meetings we have scheduled over the week?Shall I cancel them..there is the important Hermit Heritage meeting which there is no way we can skip"

"Ryan will accompany you.."

"Ryan? Ryan who?"

"Ryan Fergusson..He's the VP- Key accounts for the APAC region..will be working out of this office now onwards..in my absence, I'm sure you can manage ..He'll be there for the big meetings where you just need a senior person to accompany you.."

I rolled my eyes skywards .. I wanted Steve to be away but I also wanted him for the meetings I had scheduled next week..my work would suffer and I didn't care about his sexual advances as much as I cared for my clients.

Anyways..Like I had a choice.."ok..I don't think I'll be needing Ryan then..I'll take care of things myself"

"Please babes..come to my cabin in 5 ...I'll at least introduce you formally..he'll be here in as much time as well.."

He had a point..sometimes clients just need a senior sitting along..even if he's doing nothing to move even the oxygen around him..

I walked toward his cabin while he was just stepping out waving to me which probably meant "sit..i"ll be back in two" ..I sighed and turned around to his door when a hand reached out from behind me to the door knob..holding it open for me.."Allow Me" said the deep husky voice..

It was familiar..shit..I sucked in my breath as his chest rubbed against my back..Ryan! The coffee-machine perv!!