Chapter 18

"h..h...hey!! H...h....h..iiiii..", words trying to stumble out of my mouth as my mind was completely numb.

"Hi", his voice was cool yet firm. He was in his tired look again- messy hair, loose tie, tired and sleepy eyes, shirt half-tucked in.

I could eat him..

Aaaaargghhh..push the thoughts away, push 'em away!!

"You came looking for something?"

Yeah!! You!!

"Uhh.. No.. I mean.. Yeah.. The presentation papers.. I wanted some approvals.."

"Do you have them with you now?"

"Yeah.. At my desk.. I'll just go get 'em..quickly.." I laughed idiotically as I made a dash for the door.

"Sonia.."

"Yeah.." I spun around almost crashing into his strong chest, "Sorry.. Shit.. Sorry.. I didn't mean to.."

And before I could complete my apology, his lips crashed into mine.. His hands wandered all over me hungry for something,as we were engulfed into a kiss even the French would envy.

I tugged at his hair, begging him for some oxygen.. But he was just not gonna let me go tonight. As I tried to part away, trying to come up for some air, he kept grabbing me further in, kissing me like his life depended on it.

I thought I would be dead. But what a way to die.

Imagine the newspaper headlines...

"Girl dies while being kissed like never before" or "Kiss of death" (for the more explosive kind of journalism)

Suddenly, his mouth left me and I gasped for air like I had just bounced off the ocean floor and reached the surface.

Soon I realised, he had left my lips but was hovering near my ear.

"I Love you.."

Whaaaaaat??? I almost lost body balance there but I still managed to push him away.

Who was he kidding?

I'm not the kinda girl who'll be overwhelmed by the thought of a handsome boss professing undying love for her and accept things as is, where is.. I need to see reason.

And here there was none!

"And what makes you think that?", I asked pointedly.

"What?"

"What makes you think you love me, Mr.Ferguson?", I was burning with anger. Who was he fooling?

"what do you mean, lady? I don't 'think' I love you. I LOVE YOU!"

"Really? What do you know about me? Do you know my middle name? My favorite color? How many people do I have in my family? When was my last relationship.."

"whoa!! Get a hold on yourself!

Firstly, This is the worst response I've ever heard to an 'I love you' and secondly, you are so possessed, its un-bloody-believable, Woman! I don't need to know all this to love you. How will it matter if your favorite color is aquamarine?? Or if your ex dumped you? Or you dumped him? Every Time you kiss me, I know inside that you're the woman I want and the same goes for you. Dare not deny it!! Everytime I look at you, you melt like a candle near fire.. I know I have that effect on you and you know your presence drives me crazy. Do we have to keep denying it? Or is the time too short for you to decide if you love me or not? Huh?"

His eyes were blazing with anger and another emotion which I couldn't understand. Disgust? Pain?

Love?