Chapter 4

The rest of the day passed by without too much hassle from Ryan or Steve

A client had sent in some flowers since their annual turnover figures had turned in well - thanking us on the support and innovation we provided to further their annual sales.

From a morning which didn't look so good, my favorite sunflowers were beginning to brighten my day.

I had to screen a new presentation for a product launch for a major client that would keep me busy for a good part of the day and probably till late evening.

I liked working late evenings - the office fell amazingly quiet and the dim lit atmosphere was an excellent energy booster - well, for me at least.

At around 6.30 pm when my eyes couldn't bear peering at the screen anymore, I decided to go grab a cup of coffee.

I was busy stifling a yawn when someone behind me said a soft yet tired, "hi"

I knew who it was.

"Hi...um, I didn't know you work late"

"I do....sometimes..some regions that I manage are on a different time-zone .. so, I have to stay up late to co-ordinate with them"

He sounded sweet and genuine and over-worked - a complete opposite of the pervert this morning.

His tie was hanging loosely around his neck and the top two buttons of his shirt were open giving a little peek of his skin.

"So, why are you here so late? Couldn't wrap up in time or do you like lurking around dark areas at night"

There it goes...sweet,genuine...blah and blah..

"ha ha... I am able to work better after hours..and plus I have a deadline to meet by tomorrow 10 am"

"Would you eat after that?"

I looked up at him..his eyes betrayed a 14 year-old schoolboy's charm..

"maybe.."

"If you do choose to, I think Macy's a nice place to do some informal talking"

Was he asking me out? Dear God, is it something I'm wearing today? Does my Bra show? Are my nipples poking out too much? Why are all these men pouring their attention on me?

"Do you like Italian?"

"Huh? umm...yeah..I mean, no...uhhhh, I mean I don't know"

"whoosh, so many words to define a 'yes'..I'll knock on your wall at 9.. hope you'll be done by then..see ya"