Chapter 3

I was ready..my fists were clenched, one sigh or remark from this bugger and I am going to punch the living daylights out of him... and there it was...”Hmmmm...Chanel is it?”

“What????”

“your smell..My guess is Chanel No.5...yeah?”

I was aghast at his dare-devilry... how can make such a blatant show of his stimulation?

“You don't remember what you're wearing or you want to keep me guessing till I explore beyond..”

“Excuse me?” I finally spun around.. I dont understand why this man has this tongue-tying effect on me.

I lost my balance thanks to the whole spinning act done on a five-inch high stiletto..he got a hold of my arm and pulled me close to him, grinning..

Suddenly I was so close to him...I realized I could smell his breath full of mint & smoke..I closed my eyes taking in his aroma almost bracing myself for an impact with his lips...

"Whoa...am I interrupting something here?"

Douchebag!! Comes at the wrong times always...well, yeah maybe he came in just before this shameless ass took his flirting a step further..saving me from the embarrassment .. but why didn't I feel grateful?

"Steve...buddy, long time.. temme , what can I do to get you out of your shit this time"

Steve's face was flushed..and I have to be honest, I enjoyed it..even holding back a smirk for a split second.

"Oh, um..Nothing really Ryan..Long time with you too pal...I'm on a business tour to Australia next week and I want Sonia here to assist you in the meanwhile .."

uh..excuse me? Did I hear that right? Ryan was supposed to assist me on my meetings..not the other way round..

"Sure...I'd love her to assist me" laying emphasis on all three 's's

"Steve, I think there is a miscommunication.." I finally thought to take my own defense up..."He has to accompany ME to my meetings as a Senior employee..I have no job assisting him..he ain't supervising my region if I heard you correctly earlier"

"yes you did hear precisely what I told you Sonia..but since Ryan is missing an account manager too...you can work on both your accounts together..inter-departmental synergies...you see.." he smiled his idiotic smile,wagging his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"I'm sure we'll make great Synergy together Sonia..don't you think?"

Could this day get any worse...

"okay...I think we're done with the introduction..now lets get back to work..I got a lot of shopping to do for my trip..I mean, a lot of presentations to work on..he he"

Useless piece of sh*t..

My new boss (temporary I'd like to believe) held the door open for me again..

"Ma'am, after you.."

I left in a huff and shot off towards my desk..Suddenly I turned around on instinct and I caught him still standing there smiling at me..

What was he doing? Letching at my ass?

If looks could kill...I swear someone would be writing his epitaph now..

He turned around shaking his head, his smile now turning into a semi-laugh and walked off towards his cabin.

Too young to be a VP I wondered..too flamboyant as well..guess he must've pleased a lot of female bosses and clients to get here.

I finally decided to check on my ever beeping Blackberry for the mails and phone calls.

No calls but a mail from Ryan had just come in apart from the others from Steve and a couple of other clients.

Dear Sonia,

Heard a lot of good things about you.

I hope I am welcome aboard. Looking forward to your support during my time here.

Ryan Ferguson

That sounded formal..no wonder he's VP..he knows when to say what..right from his 'wow' to his formal emails.

I hit the reply button.

Dear Ryan,

I am glad you have heard well about my work and professionalism.

I'm sure the team will help you in all we can and get your active support in all our endeavors.

Regards,

Sonia Wilburg.

I wasn't too bad either..