Guilt and Coming Together

James's P.O.V.

"Maybe you should go talk to him" Lucy says as she and Kendrah both gave me a look. "Why me" I ask as I raised an eyebrow at them. "Because I'm pretty sure he's blaming himself for the baby getting sick and you might be the only one who can get through to him" Lucy says as Sophia grabbed her finger. "Lucy's right James you might be the only person he'll listen to right now" Kendrah says softly as she squeezes my hand. "But ugh fine I'll go talk to him but only for you two and Sophia" I say groaning as I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room.

When I got out into the hallway, I saw Logan sitting in a chair with his head hanging down to the ground. "Logan you ok" I asked as I sat down next to him and squeezed his shoulder. "I'm fine I just needed some air" Logan says quietly as he kicked the ground and tried standing up until I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "Nice try buddy, Logan you know Sophia getting sick right now is not your fault" I say sincerely as I rubbed his back. "Really because it feels like it is" Logan says sniffling as he stands up crossing his arms. "Why do you think that" I asked as I stood up next to him.

"Because God is punishing Lucy and I for betraying you and Kendrah" Logan whispers as a few tears fell down his face. I didn't know what to say at that point so I did what any sensible human would and I hugged Logan tightly. Logan hesitated a little I think cuz he was surprised but then he hugged me back crying a little.

"Logan look at me" I say sternly as I put both my hands on his shoulders. Logan just stayed silent as he looked up at me wiping his face. "God is not punishing you ok he's not that cruel and now that we know what's wrong with Sophia we can all be there to help her, she needs to see how strong her dad is" I say as I squeezed his shoulders. "I guess your right, I just hate this whole situation and it's going to be hard watching my little girl have seizures forever" Logan says with his voice cracking as he kicks the wall.

"Well we will know how to help her handle them Logan you won't be dealing with this alone" I say reassuringly as I pat his back. "Thanks for that and not that I don't appreciate it but why are you being so nice to me right now" Logan asks as he leans against the wall and raises his eyebrow at me. "Logan just because I have some issues with you doesn't mean I'm a heartless bastard or that I'm gonna let you blame yourself for something you had no control over" I say sighing as I put my hands on my hips.

"I know you wouldn't your a way better person then I've been the last few months" Logan says as he wipes his face. "Your not a bad person dude you've just made some really bad decisions" I say as I squeezed his shoulder. "Yeah ones that have cost me the love of my life and my best friend" Logan whispers as he sniffles again. I didn't really know what to say at that moment so I just looked at the floor. "James I know I have said this numerous times and I'll keep saying it until you believe it but I am so sorry that I betrayed our friendship and if I could fix it I would but.." Logan starts to say as he walked towards me but I backed up.

"Don't.. I know you apologized and I know you regret what you did but I'm not ready to just forget everything and forgive you yet, I still need time and space" I say annoyed as I ran my fingers through my hair. "Maybe we can try therapy together it might help repair our friendship" Logan suggests as he puts his hands on my shoulders making me tense up. "And then what you just go screw my girlfriend again fat chance and get your hands off of me" I say angrily as I shoved him away from me.

"That won't ever happen again James you have to believe me" Logan says as he makes a puppy face and hugs me tightly. "Why the hell should I when your not exactly someone I trust right now and get the fuck off of me" I say feeling my blood boiling as I elbowed him in the stomach and walked past him to Sophia's room leaning on the door. "Ok fair enough but dude you are gonna be around me a lot especially since we still work together and I'll be over with Lucy and Sophia a lot" Logan points out as he smirks at me.