Betrayal and Fear

Lucy's P.O.V.

I know Kendrah is scared of what will happen if she tells anyone else what Jett is doing to her but I can't sit back and watch her get hurt. As I got back into our apartment, I FaceTimed the one person I know could help Kendrah. "What the hell do you want" I hear James say angrily as his face pops up on the other end. "James I know your mad at me right now but I'm kind of in the middle of a bad situation and I didn't know who else to call" I say sniffling. "Are you ok" James asks concerned. "Yeah I'm fine, it's Kendrah I'm worried about" I say softly.

"What's wrong with Kendrah" James asks in an alarmed tone. "Well for starters she decided to go out on a date with Jett the other night" I say scoffing. "Is she nuts why the hell would she go out with that moron" James says aggravated. "She said it was to get him to leave her alone anyway they went out then afterwards he took her back to his place where he..." I start to say then hesitate a little. "He what" James asks curiously. "I'll tell you but please try not to get angry" I pleaded hopefully. "Luce I'm gonna be angry either way so you might as well just say it" James says groaning.

"H-he r-raped her..." I stuttered as tears ran down my face. I knew James was more then angry when I say his jaw tighten and his fists curl up. "I'm gonna fucking kill him" James says pissed off as he punches the pillow on his bed. "Well your not gonna be to happy with me when you find out how I handled it" I say sniffling as I wiped my face. "What do you mean" James asks as he scrunched his eyebrows together. "I walked in on them when they were both half naked and Jett told me they had sex... I ended up lashing out at them and told both of them that they were no better then Logan and I and to go to hell.. and I also called Kendrah a tramp" I confessed my stomach tying into a knot.

"Why the fuck would you say that much less believe anything that comes out of Jett's mouth" James asks furiously as he glared at me darkly. "I was an idiot ok and I completely overreacted to the situation" I say defensively as I looked at the floor. "Your not getting an argument from me about that" James says sarcastically as he rolls his eyes again. I just stayed silent for a moment as I stared at the floor. "Wait a minute if you believed Jett then how do you know he raped her" James asks a little confused.

"Because this morning Kendrah came into the makeup trailer with a black eye so I asked her how she got it and she admitted to everything, she also said that she lied because Jett threatened her and yanked on her hair to keep her from telling me the truth" I say quickly then try catching my breath from talking so fast. "So that little punk is not only raping her but he's abusing her as well" James says enraged as he gets off his bed gripping his phone tightly. I just stayed silent as I nodded my head. "He better hope he isn't anywhere near me when I get home in three weeks or I'm gonna end up killing him" James says breathing hard as he kicks the wall by his bed.

"James trust me I wanna kill him to but there's one other thing, you can't tell anyone else about this" I say sternly. "Excuse me? Why the hell not" James asks harshly. "Because Jett told Kendrah not to tell anyone or he was gonna make her life hell and she's already in trouble for telling me" I say stomping my foot as I got off my bed. "So I'm just supposed to keep this a secret from Logan and the guys" James says shaking his head. "I know you don't like keeping secrets but I don't want to see her hurt more then she has been please just don't say anything ok" I begged as I held back more tears.

"Fine I won't tell anyone else I swear... and thank you for telling me I know how hard that must've been for you" James says in a caring voice as he smiles at me a little. "Your welcome" I say hiccuping from crying earlier. "I'm afraid to ask but where's Kendrah right now" James asks in a panic tone. "She's at Jett's getting a punishment for spilling her guts to me.... actually she just walked in the door so I'll have to call you back" I say as I looked up and saw Kendrah walk inside wiping blood from her lip and holding her stomach. "Ok tell her I love her please" James says softly.

"I will, I love you James" I say as I blew him a kiss then hung up before he could say another word. "It's not as bad as it looks" Kendrah says weakly as she limps to the couch and sits down while I grab the first aid kit then sit next to her. "Yeah tell that to your face" I say sarcastically as I grabbed an alcohol wipe and cleaned her cuts under her eyes and lip. "So was that James you were talking to when I walked in" Kendrah asked changing the subject as I attended to her wounds.

"Yeah it was I called him while you were at Jett's" I say as I put a bandage over a cut on her eyebrow. "Please tell me you didn't say anything to him about Jett raping me" Kendrah says panicked as she looks at me with her face pale white. "I did... I'm so sorry Kendrah but I didn't know what else to do" I say softly as I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "How about for once actually keeping a promise and not opening your damn mouth.. I knew trusting you with this secret was a mistake" Kendrah says coolly as she got off the couch and walked into her room slamming the door.

I felt the knot in my stomach tighten more as I got off the couch and walked to Kendrah's room knocking on the door. "Go away traitor" Kendrah shouts and I hear her crying. "No Kendrah we need to talk please let me in" I pleaded. Once I heard her get up and unlock her door, I walked inside and my heart broke when I saw tear stains down her face. "Come here sweetie" I say as I tried giving her a hug but she shoved me off her. "Don't touch me you backstabbing bitch I don't need or want your pity" Kendrah says angrily as she glared at me darkly with her fists clenched together.

"Kendrah I'm really sorry I shouldn't have said anything to James but I didn't know how else to handle this situation" I say apologetically as I rubbed her back. "Luce if Jett did this for me just telling you then imagine how worse it's gonna be when he finds out James knows to" Kendrah says fearfully as she starts trembling. "He's not going to find out because James promised he wouldn't say anything to anyone else" I say reassuringly. "I hope not I don't know how much more of this I can take" Kendrah says hiccuping as she cries again. I just stayed quiet as I pulled her down on her bed, wrapped my arms around her, and hugged her tightly. Kendrah resisted at first then she gave in and hugged me back crying onto my shoulder.

"Hey we will figure our someway to end this I promise and speaking of James he wants you to call him" I say as I grabbed my phone and FaceTimed James again. "Think he's still up" Kendrah asks sniffling as she wipes her face. "Oh yeah he's a night owl just like Logan" I say giggling a little just as James's face popped up on my screen. "Are you talking about me" James asks winking a little as he smiles at us. "Yes Maslow and look our girl is here" I say rolling my eyes as I rubbed my hand up and down Kendrah's back as she kept her head on my shoulder.

"Hi James" Kendrah says with her voice cracking as a few more tears ran down her face. "Hey beautiful how are you holding up" James asks sweetly. "I'm scared James I don't understand why Jett is doing this to me" Kendrah says in a heartbreaking voice as she wipes her eyes. "I'm so sorry your going through all this sweetheart but don't worry about Jett I'll deal with that little prick when I get home in a few weeks" James says sternly as he frowns a little. "James your not gonna tell anyone are you" Kendrah asks worried as she sits up a little and brings her legs up to her chest.

"As much as I would like to I'd hate to see you more hurt then you've already been so no you have my word I won't say anything to the guys or anyone else" James says as he makes an ex over his heart. "Thank you James I love you" Kendrah whispers as she blew him a kiss. "I love you to sweetie get some rest ok oh and Lucy" James says as he looks over at me. "Y-yeah.." I stuttered nervously. "I love you and please keep an eye on her for me" James says softly as he winks at me. "I will, I love you more Maslow goodnight" I say blowing him a kiss then hang up my phone.

"I'm exhausted I guess we better go to sleep" Kendrah says yawning as she rubs her eyes. "Good idea come on" I say as I helped Kendrah lay down and covered her up but the minute I tried getting up off the bed she pulled me back down. "Stay with me please I'm to scared to sleep alone right now" Kendrah says in a shaky voice as I laid down next to her wrapping my arms around her. "Shh it's ok I'm not going anywhere" I say honestly as I stroked her hair and rubbed her back. "Thanks Lucy, I love you" Kendrah whispers as she laid her head on my stomach and closed her eyes. "Anytime I love you to sweetie" I say sincerely as I kissed her head then closed my eyes as well.

"Hopefully I can stop Jett before he really hurts her" was my last thought on my mind as I drifted off to sleep.