Of friends and relatives

Eula's POV

The incessant ringing of my cellphone woke me up from deep slumber and I groaned loudly before reaching out for it on my bedside table with closed eyelids.

"Hello." I grumbled.

"Are you still sleeping?"

I recognized the voice to be Agot's but I didn't bother to answer that. I think it's rhetorical.

"Euls, it's already ten thirty! Do you even remember what day is it?" She asked.

I tried to recall.

"Uhm..Wednesday?" I mumbled.

"My goodness, Eula! Today is the wedding rehearsal. And I need you to come here cause if you do not remember, I am reminding you that you are part of the entourage." She hissed. And I cannot blame her.

"So today is the day. I'll be there." I tried to sit up. But my head is spinning.

"Wait. Are you okay?" She asked when she noticed my voice.

"I'm kinda feeling unwell. But it's nothing. I'm a doctor, remember? I got this. Be there in an hour. You can text me the venue. Bye." I hastily went out of my bed and headed to the bathroom.

Fifteen minutes later, I am putting the last touch for my make-up.

Satisfied with the way I look, I grabbed my handbag and headed to the door.

The living room is awfully quiet. And I shrugged it off. Maybe Albert is still soundly sleeping.

...

At Agot's Wedding Rehearsal

The first thing I noticed was the motif. Pink and white.

So typical. How boring.

"Oh, thank God! Finally you're here." Agot said in relief when she finally saw me.

We kissed each other's cheek before she grabbed my shoulders and look intently at my face.

"You're flustered. You didn't take meds, did you?" She asked suspiciously.

"I was about to."

"Eula, if this persists you might not be able to come tomorrow and you can't be absent." She said.

"Why? It's not like I am the officiating minister." I joked.

And she glared at me.

"Okay. That was lame. But Agot, I promise to be here tomorrow. I am one of bridesmaids, right?"

"You better be, Eula. I cannot forgive you if you won't show up. Even if you are sick." She said seriously but I know that she didn't meant it.

But she can rest assured that I will attend this wedding.

"Agot! Halika muna dito. May problema tayo sa paglalagyan ng cake." sigaw ng isang lalaki.

"Sandali lang ha." Sabi ni Agot at tumango lang ako.

...

"Hi!"

Napalingon ako sa pinanggalingan ng boses na yun. Isang lalaki ang nakakita kong nakatayo sa likuran ko.

Napasinghap ako kasi si Aga ito.

Taga Kalye Patay.

"H-hello.." Kinakabahan ako kasi baka makilala niya ako.

"We met before. Sa Kalye Patay." Sabi niya.

"Ah, baka kamukha ko lang." Palusot ko.

Tinitigan niya akong maigi saka nahimas ng baba. "Kamukhang kamukha mo talaga e. I know you and her are the same person. Eula, tama?"